New Forum (For large Boids & Venemous)

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Questions' started by Snake_God_666, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Snake_God_666

Snake_God_666 New Member

Hello, everyone I am going to throw this idea out and see how many people agree with me..... I believe there should be a new forum specifically for large boids Burms, Rocks. Retics, Indians, and Anacondas.
    My reasoning for this is because there is a seperate forum for Ball Pythons Because there are so many mophs of these available (but i seriously doubt many people here have those) and it seems like alot of people here have large snakes(snakes that will get over 15 feet) so if anyone thinks it is a good idea leave a post behind and maybe one will pop up after a while heh

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

RE: New Forum

Post in the 'site feedback' area, Axe (forum admin) does check there to see what folks think. It's a good idea though.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Snake_God_666

Snake_God_666 New Member

well i figured if people liked the idea then maybe an administrator would see how many people liked the idea and well put one up heh

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Clementine_3

Right, but he doesn't check every thread in every forum....but does in the site feedback :p

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Snake_God_666

Snake_God_666 New Member

i put one in there but for the mean time id also like to see hopw many people post here also heh just you for now maybe less people than i thought had large snakes

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Clementine_3

Na, a lot do (I don't!!), they will be along....

12. Snake_God_666

Snake_God_666 New Member

lol i figured they would heh

13. Zia

Zia Member

I think its a good idea. ...idk what else to say..good idea though lol

14. Snake_God_666

Snake_God_666 New Member

I kinda intended for it be for snakes that get large you know not just for a snake over 15 feet but breeds that will get bigger than 15ft heh

15. murphyman

murphyman Embryo

Personnally I would like a forum for venomous, but it dont really matter.....

16. Blake_Herman

Blake_Herman Well-Known Member

I would love to see one both for venomous and for large boids... it's not fair for us to just make some other place work... I think it would be a great addition to reptile rooms, and it might bring a few more people here...

17. Snake_God_666

Snake_God_666 New Member

Yea Venomous would be a good idea too

18. CornyGuy

CornyGuy Well-Known Member

Well, there's hardly a handful of people on this forum who keep venomous, so a whole new forum section for those few would be pretty pointless, in my opininon. I mean, venomous species could easily be discussed in the General Snakes Forum. And members with large Pythons can simply post in the Other Python section.

If this site had more members with such snakes then I'd understand the need for a new forum, but right now I don't feel it's neccessary...

19. Cerus

Cerus Well-Known Member

I agree with Corny here...a lot more people here have Ball Pythons than Anacondas or Burmese. There's a forum for BP's because they are one of the most popular snakes, not because there are so many morphs. I don't think any private person should be keeping hots but that's just my opinion. It's all about popularity, it's a waste of space to have a whole forum for just a handful of members.

20. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

True Cerus. This is one of the reasons that I like this site. There is a place to post everything, but no empty spaces full of nothing. I hate sites that have a ka-billion different rooms fo every type of reptile. Posts get lost, and people don't respond as quickly because there are so many rooms to go through. I also hate when you are unsure as to where to post because you have so many rooms that would apply. This site rocks because it is so organized and kept to a min. number of rooms. However, when demand warrents it, new rooms should be opened, so topic like this are always good to discuss whether or not the demand exists!

21. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Maybe do a poll, and see how many members keep snakes over 15 feet?

22. Snake_God_666

Snake_God_666 New Member

Ball pythons should be put into the python topic and a lager snake forum should take its place... Don't get me wrong I love ball pythons but they certainly do not need their own forum smaller pythons should be grouped together and larger ones should be seperate (why should someone with a burmese python have to look through a bunch of posts about various pythons when they are seeking info from people that have large snakes) the point would be to stop people from having to look through alot of posts about various pythons (do you know how many types of pythons there are?) Here we have a specific forum for one type of snake a ball pythons... I am merely suggesting there be a forum for the 5 species of snakes that get large.... A place where you can find tips on handling, feeding, caging, and just all around care for these large creatures without having to sift through all the posts...... Now the venomous A venomous forum is a great idea also because these snakes can got be put under the topic General snakes these are dangerous snakes and need a forum for people to find altenative ways to care for them....... Obviously people that don't have venomous or large snakes see no need for these new forums because they would have no use for them.... Note that a few people that posted obove me seem to only have lizards. so obviously they have no needs for a venomous or large snake forum.... But for the people that do keep Hots and large Boids I am sure they would greatly appreciate a place to go for questions and/or help.

23. Snake_God_666

Snake_God_666 New Member

I sure know I would.

24. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

Snake_God_666, the fact that I only have lizards has nothing to do with this. The topic of discussion here is really demand and organization. The point is twofold. Firstly, those looking for info or trying to post about balls would now have to go to two forums because it would enviably happen that people would post in both, despite size (just as people still post leo questions in the general gecko room). Secondly, there are lots of people here who own reptiles that do not have their own room – lizards included. I have an AFT, and so do many others on this site, but there are not enough of us to warrant the room. The same can be said for pictus geckos, dart frogs etc. etc. etc. The question here is, how many people have these snakes?

I am not arguing, this is just a discussion, and like I said before in my last post, it is a good discussion to have. Like Janice said, a poll would be needed to prove demand, and beyond that, the site admin would have to agree with it, because at the end of the day, it is out of our hands, lol :p

25. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

You really don't think Ball Pythons need their own forum? I think with over 1000 topics, and over 3000 posts, I would say Ball Pythons need their own forum :p. But that's just my opinion. Burmese Python topics can be posted in Other Pythons, as well as Reticulated pythons. Do you think there are more people on here with Retics, and Burms, than Bloods, and Carpets?