new iguana?

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by randy84, Oct 22, 2006.

1. bearded_dragon_man

bearded_dragon_man Member

howbig are you going to be making the cage i would suggest you build the biggest you can so you dont have tobuild more as he keeps growing dependon on is age

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. randy84

randy84 New Member

i dont know yet!
    but its going to be big, possibly so i dont have to add on!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. bearded_dragon_man

might i suggest you make a pvc and wire mesh cage... you can add on very easily although they are a bit harder to heat but its is easy if you keep the room the ig is in at a good temp like 70or so probaly like 75ish if you could but if you can go up a little high like the 80s or high 70s it will be easier to keep warm without having topurchase a bunch of heat dome fixtures plus bulbs

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. randy84

randy84 New Member

i think its going to be out of wood!
    i dont no yet!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. randy84

randy84 New Member

do u think u post a pic of your iguana n enclosure?
    i would like to see!
    or any other pets u have!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. bearded_dragon_man

ok try and dig upsome pics of my iggy right now shes in a 55 gallon ( i no but im going as fast as i can ) right now but im working on her new 8x3x8 (lxwxh) and moneys alittle tight right now so im sorry getting there...i also a bearded dragon if you want to see a couple pics of his cage...his is kinda bare becuase the more stuff i have in there the more places crixs can hide, but it will have to wait till friday becuase my camera if with my dad at the moment

12. EndVision

EndVision New Member

a good size enclosure could be 6'T x 6'L x 3'D

and bearded dragon man you cannot tell the sex of the iguana simply by size cuz alot of things go into the size of an iguana like genes from its parents first off how old is the ig? if its under a year there is no way possibly to tell the sex unless a blood test was done

look at the inside of the legs if the pores are very large its a male look at the base of the tail undernearth do you see bumps? if so its a male brain bumps and jowls are other determinations on sex but dont count on size at the moment

13. bearded_dragon_man

i never said i could tell by the size of it but seeing as its randy84 said it was roughly 3 feet long thats a pretty good size to be ableto sex or where you talking about my ig? i already mentioned about the jowls and femoral pores i also gave a link to help randy84

14. randy84

randy84 New Member

thats fine!
    if u have any pics post em!