New King? I think so!

Discussion in 'Other Colubrids' started by Belletair, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Belletair

Belletair New Member

Hey there.

Been a while since I was last on here (used to be user Al99 or something like that, forgot the password and even the email I was under... oh well), but I went to the expo in GR the other day and picked up a b&w banded cali king, and that made me go... hey, I should check out this site again.

So yeah, I did. Cool to be back. ;)

Anyway... just had a quick question: how are cali kings on eating f/t? The gentleman I bought him from said he's been on live (though he's only about nine inches long, just a hatchling) since he got him, and before I try feeding him... well, I like to know how a species is with dead food (so as I know if I need to stick around and make the mouse "dance" or just put him and it in a box and can go about my business with whatever).

See, I've never owned a king before. Ever. It's always been corns, bps and my one rtb (<3).

Yeah, I know. Weird question. You're probably like "why don't you just try...?" and I will, but I only got him Sunday and so... I'ma waiting a while as I do with any new arrival (and I'm just looking for something to talk about in a "first" topic).

Anywaaaaaaay. I'm just happy to be back. :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Belletair

Belletair New Member

Alrighty... he ate great. Right out of the tongs. ^_~

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Dave Bergerson

Dave Bergerson Embryo

Congrats.Sounds like you know what you're doing.I always feed mine from tongs.My hondos are soo big they might accidentally grab me.I always feed my snakes f/t or f/k.It keeps them from getting scarred.I always thaw my mice in warm water ,pat them dry and dangle them from the tongs.Works like a charm.Good Job!!!