New leopard gecko owner

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Sapphire_dragon, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Sapphire_dragon

Sapphire_dragon Embryo

:eek: I got my first Leopard gecko on wednesday , only a baby at 2 and a half months . Eating well , great fun to watch in the evenings , hunts well ..... One Q .... Do I need to put a small bowl of the calcium & vitamin powder that I cover the crickets with in the tank ? I have changed the sand for kitchen paper , there is a moist hidebox and a water bowl in there , think I have most things .......
    Any advice is welcome ......
    Thanks

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

You don't HAVE to put one in there, but it can sometimes help. Usually I just stick a lil pepsi bottle cap of calcium powder in mine, and a lil ceramic bowl with mealworms in it. Although at 2 n' a half months old, you'd want to put in pretty small mealworms if you did that.

Like I said, you don't HAVE to put the calcium bowl in, it won't hurt if you do, but you only need a small amount in there.

And make sure it's the Calcium that doesn't contain Vitamin D3. While they doo need vitamin D3, they can overdose on it if they get too much. So just dust the crickets with that one, and use the regular calcium powder in a lil bottle cap :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. faze

faze Embryo

i have to agree with aXe on this one it wont hurt but it could help :)