New Owner from Alberta, Canada

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by mouse, Apr 4, 2005.

1. mouse

mouse New Member

Hey anyone out there from Alberta that has a Leopard Gecko?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. lovefirebellies

lovefirebellies New Member

Nope sorry not me, i keep firebelly toads, but welcome anyway! ;)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. mouse

mouse New Member

Firebelly toads!! Cool! My son thought about getting a couple of those, but I was worried he was still a bit young.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. lovefirebellies

lovefirebellies New Member

well how old is he? or if you don't want to answer that, i'll just say that incase you didn't know, they secrete toxins that can be harmful to humans, but not usually extremely harmful. Obvious necessary precautions are required for handling them like making sure your hands are thoroughly washed before and right after handling them, and of course try not to handle them at all. you can also use rubber gloves if you feel that is best, they don't bite and the effects are mild skin irritation if any at all when in contact with them , just be sure to not rub hands on face or in eyes. they are awsome to have and really easy to look after ,they are great starter pets with some investigating of course and research, if your son is too young then if you wanted, you can look after them till he is old enough, it is said that with proper care they can live from 10 to 15 years, if you decide to get some and need info, i can help quite a bit as i had mine for awhile now and also had to nurse one back to health because he wouldn;t eat for almost 2 months, also you can go to the general amphibian section on this forum and talk to hummimg bird, she is great with advice and knowledge.
    what the petstores tell you is basic and some of it wrong if you choose to get yours from a pet store i would make sure you know what to look for as far as health goes, and so on.
    anyway take care and good luck, oh ya try going to the leo section on here and ask for advice if you havent already or even just in the general chat, i am in alberta and got great advice from someone in the states when i went to the amphibian section and it saved my poor little toad.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. jordao_51

jordao_51 Member

im in red deer and i own a leopard gecko.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. leopardgecko123

leopardgecko123 Embryo

Crowsnest Pass, and I am the owner of a leo and a frog.

12. monamie

monamie New Member

Hi there!

I'm from Central Alberta and I have/had a leo!

13. Faeze

Faeze New Member

Hi! From Calgary with 5 leos, a frog, cornsnake and bearded dragon.

14. misslush

misslush Embryo

I live in Calgary. I own 3 bearded dragons, 1 corn snake and a Agama