New Pics (Anacondas, GTP) *DIAL UP*

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by Ben_Renick, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Ben_Renick

Ben_Renick New Member

Well, it's been awhile since I have posted on here, I've recently come in contact with a few new snakes, so I will share some new pics... I should be getting in 3 new Animal Plastic T-50 cages sometime soon also, so I will post more pics of my cage setups whenever I get those in!:)

Male Anerythristic Green Anaconda
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Female Green Anaconda
    This is me putting her on my shoulders, she is heavy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Female Yellow Anaconda
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Male Silver/Hypo Yellow Anaconda
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Male Green Anaconda
    [​IMG]

Female Marbled Yellow Anaconda
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Green Tree Python
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anaconda Breeding Attempts:
    My males are deffidently ready to get the female for sure. I'm planning on keeping them together for a couple of weeks and then seperating them, and putting them back together, kind of teasing the females. I'm sure they will come around by march!
    1.1 Green Anacondas
    [​IMG]
    Just another to kind of show how their colors contrast
    [​IMG]

1.1 Yellow Anacondas (Male=Silver/Hypo)
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking everyone!:)
    ~Ben

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Ooh very nice. The anerythristic looks like he's growing! Good luck with the breeding :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. BigZ3788

BigZ3788 Well-Known Member

Wowy! Thems a lotta snakes thur.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. D00M

D00M Well-Known Member

Thats a lot of snakes. Very nice looking though! Hope your breeding attempts go well.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Ben_Renick

Ben_Renick New Member

Thanks everyone! It's not too bad, it's 6 Anacondas and a GTP, lol. It seems like a lot, but I only have *1* female Green Anaconda, and shes going to be the biggest. My new cages should deffidently be handy though, easy cage stacking.;)

Thanks,
    Ben

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Hey do you still have that Super tiger retic?

12. elums

elums Member

That sure is a great looking bunch of snakes. Anacondas are really cool, but much too big for me to keep.

13. field_hockey_gal

field_hockey_gal Well-Known Member

Nice snakes. The colour is just amazing.
    Your GTP is small compared to the andacondas!

14. Ben_Renick

Ben_Renick New Member

Thanks everyone! Yes, I still have the super tiger, he was in shed, so I didn't get any pics of him... But I'm going to have to be selling him though... I need all the room I can get for these Anaconda projects... I really don't want to sell him, but I'm already going to have one 6'x18" cage, three 7'x18" cages, one 8'x24" cage, and then I'm going to get another 7'x18" cage over the next few months. So that's five 18" high cages and one 24" high. Which is a pretty nice size stack of cages, lol. But we will just see how everything works out..;)

Thanks again,
    Ben

15. drbearded

drbearded New Member

cool pics

16. VtMiPgYeRr

VtMiPgYeRr Member

Aren't anacondas dangerous? That was my first thought when I saw a pet shop selling a baby one.

17. Sheila

Sheila Member

Wow Ben!

Do you already have homes for the babies? private owners or zoos? How will you house them all?

Good Luck!

18. Ben_Renick

Ben_Renick New Member

Anacondas can be dangerous if you aren't careful and know what you are doing with them. There is a big misconception about them though, but I'm not going to say they aren't dangerous.

For the most part, pending on how many neonates I get. I have a nice waiting list of people, lol. For clutches from snakes that wont even be bred this season even! I can gaurentee that the babies will sell fairly fast though, depending on how many I get of course. I'm not sure on if I'm going to keep any or not, so we will just see how it goes.:)

Thanks!
    Ben

19. Sheila

Sheila Member

How many is in the average clutch? Can you keep the babies together or would they nibble each other? Will she lay eggs in a lay box or just in the cage?

20. Ben_Renick

Ben_Renick New Member

Well, for a Green her size, she will probably have a small clutch, maybe 10+ neonates. As they get larger, they can have up to 40+ neonates. Babies should do fine with eachother, shouldn't be too bad at all, and if they do nip at eachother, I can seperate them. She will lay them wherever she feels comfortable enough to lay them. I give each of my snakes a humidity hut/box to lay in either way.:)

Thanks,
    Ben

21. Oliverthesnake

Oliverthesnake Embryo

Very nice pics! Any pics of your "wall/stack of cages"?

22. Ben_Renick

Ben_Renick New Member

Nope, Still waiting for the next 3 to come in... I have a stack of cages right now, but if you look into my past posts, you can find them, otherwise I will get some new pics once I get the new cages in and set up.:)

Thanks,
    Ben

23. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

gorgeous collection

24. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

Cool I would never keep a Conda!! You are one fearless guy