New Plants

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by ELF2240, May 30, 2012.

1. ELF2240

ELF2240 New Member

Hey All!

I cleaned out my terrarium today; added new soil and reptile bark with some moss. I also added a small Dragon Plant to the terrarium as well as and Orchid (without its flower) to the other divided side. From what I've read, both types of plants are safe; but I thought I might check with everyone else and see what they have to say!

Thanks,
    ELF

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

We need pictures now! = )

But yes, both of these plants are perfectly safe. I love the dracaena species... very pretty plants in both vivaria and in the home.

ELF2240 likes this.
  4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Badger711

Badger711 Member

Agreed, dracaena are in my frog viv. Lot's of them. lol.

ELF2240 likes this.
  6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. ELF2240

ELF2240 New Member

Not the best quality, but here they are. Dragon plant on the left; orchid on the right. Acquired a new orchid, going to grow it up a bit and then add another to the left hand side :D
    0605122121 (1).jpg

JEFFREH, Cammy and WarPoet like this.
  8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. WarPoet

WarPoet New Member

The cage setup is nice. How many anoles do you keep in there?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. ELF2240

ELF2240 New Member

1 male on the left "Cheech," my bigger guy. And my 2 breeding lovies on the right "Cadence" and "Cruiser" male and female, respectively.

12. WarPoet

WarPoet New Member

You gotta be careful with having two males. They will start stressing eachother out and try to dominate eachother

13. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

She has the tank divided in half with only one male in each partition, so no worries about fighting. =)

ELF2240--Your setups look great! Very natural looking, and I'm sure they'll be even more so when the plants grow in more.

Do you know what orchid species you got? Do you have the roots planted in the moss or in the soil? Sorry, it's hard to tell in the picture. I had an orchid recently and I completely obsessed over it...until it committed suicide by jumping off the counter. I'm not even joking. So yeah...I may have to vicariously live out my orchid loving dreams through you.

ELF2240 likes this.
  14. ELF2240

ELF2240 New Member

Cammy,

I am not sure of the orchid species, however I have the roots deeply planted in soil and covered with soft reptile mulch. I added the other orchid to the left hand side a few days ago and it is flourishing (with the same set-up as the first). I ALSO BOUGHT A NEW BABY GIRL TODAY! I saw her being beat up at the petstore and had to save her. :) She is itty bitty about 2.5" so I placed her with my "lovebirds" Cadence and Cruiser until she grows up a bit. Cruiser (my female) has already taken a liking to her, and has chosen to sleep next to her tonight on opposite sides of an orchid leaf :).

- ELF

P.S. My males are completely separated and cannot reach nor see each other at all. Their 40 gallon tank is divided in half by a high wooden wall which I hand-built for the set-up; as Cammy said, no fighting :D.