new red baby iguana do's & donts

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by growinlox, Dec 29, 2009.

1. growinlox

growinlox Embryo

i just bought a new red iguana baby yesterday and when he was in the store he was super calm letting me hold him and evrything now he doesnt want me to even get close to him. i need to know what to do is this normal?? how often do i feed him???? just basically any genaral useful info please it doesnt have to be on the subject of my questions but anything will help. and he doesnt really want to eat he ate only 3 peices of kale leaves today and all he does is sit under the lamp so help me please

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Darklightangel013

Darklightangel013 New Member

It is normal, the environment changed, so it is probably scared. The iguana will need time to settle in. Sometimes when you first get them, they don't eat right away, but once they are comfortable, they should start eating like normal. I believe there should be some kind of care sheet on this site that will give you information and the basics of taking care of iguanas. There are also several websites with such information. Do browse around and make sure you have everything all set - temps, cage size and the like.