New Saharan Uromastyx

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by The Clue, Dec 17, 2011.

1. The Clue

The Clue New Member

Just got him a few days ago.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Louie and lizardgurl87 like this.
  2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. rebecca moore

rebecca moore New Member

very nice!!! i have always wanted one. will probably eventually get one! how much did he cost?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Oh nice! How old is he? Or she? I just recently acquired a 1 month old Ornate Uri.

Welcome to Reptile Rooms btw :) Hope you like it here! There aren't many of us that have Uromastyx but the forum is pretty busy in a number of the other sections.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. The Clue

The Clue New Member

I think it is a he. Was told he is 8 months old and is around 6 or 7 inches long. I paid 130 for him.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

He's real nice! I saw one like him at a petstore a few weeks ago and thought it was so cool :) Good luck with him and welcome!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Nines

Nines Member

Haven't been here for a while. I too have a Saharan-Female. Febuary will mark my 5th year with her. Congrats on your Uro.

12. maggie0202

maggie0202 New Member

hi there could anyone recomend way substrate to use my uro rocky is trixie fine reptile desert sand at the moment he use to be on a calcium sand but got an impaction from that and vet said to change the sand to a finer one but yet once again hes got an apt with the vet on wend as hes now showing the same signs as he did before with the 1st impaction please can someone give me some advice to this matter thanks

13. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

There is a huge debate about what substrate is best for Uro's.... Millet, sand, hard-packed clay/sand, bird seed, tiles, repticarpet, etc.... Personally I'd rather not risk getting impacted so I have my hatchling on textured tiles.

14. maggie0202

maggie0202 New Member

i have now moved on to slate for mine also as im not prepared to misk any other impact on my uro and hes loveing it :)

StikyPaws312 and JEFFREH like this.
  15. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

I think that was an awesome decision :) Especially because he's had trouble with impactions in the past so... slate is going to give him a safe happy home :) Oh! And it holds heat really well because of it's darker color so he's probably got an awesome basking spot now too :)