New Site Features, other changes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Axe, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

"My Reptiles" in your profile

As most of you know, there is a 3 line limit on text in signatures. Many people, understandably, want to list their animals in their signatures, and with even relatively small collections, this can easily become a LONG list.

Long signatures breaking up actual message content makes forums very difficult to read and follow. It also doesn't do much to help those seeking information in the search engines.

So, something I've been working on over the past couple of weeks is a system that allows you to list your animals in your profile. That way other users can easily see what you keep or have experience with, without it cluttering up threads in the forum.

To utilize this new feature, simply click on the "Profile" link at the top of any forum page.

[​IMG]

Once the page comes up allowing you to edit your profile, you'll spot a new box above that in which you enter your signature. Here you can list your animals.

[​IMG]

Once you've typed in your list, and submitted the profile changes, you will see a new box show up on your profile viewing page.

[​IMG]

More features will be coming to the site over the coming weeks to allow you guys to more easily customize your profiles, to give them a more unique look and feel for each user.

Information on changes will be announced as they are implemented.

As always, we welcome any feedback or suggestions you guys have. :D

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great feature Axe!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Orangemen08

Orangemen08 Member

WOW nice job i like that idea, cant wait to see what you come up with next

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

User Rank Images

The user ranks have been slightly revised, so some of you may notice you've taken a slight downfall in rank to accomodate. But don't take it so bad, it was just how things had to work out to fit them all in.

These ranks are according to the number of posts you have (bear in mind, if you post just for the sake of posting and getting your rank up, your useless posts can and will probably be deleted, dropping your count
    back down).

You'll notice too that some of the ranks below show TWO images, which change according to post count.

• [​IMG]
    • 1 Post - Egg
      [​IMG]
    • 10 Posts - Hatchling
      [​IMG]
    • 50 Posts - Hatchling
      [​IMG]
    • 100 Posts - Juvie
      [​IMG]
    • 250 Posts - Adolescent
      [​IMG]
    • 500 Posts - Sub-Adult
      [​IMG]
    • 750 Posts - Sub-Adult
      [​IMG]
    • 1,000 Posts - Adult
      [​IMG]
    • 2,500 Posts - Senior
      [​IMG]
    • 5,000 Posts - Ascended
      [​IMG]
    • 10,000 Posts - Deity
      [​IMG]

• There are also one or two new ranks you really don't want to get, like...

[​IMG]

That one. It basically means, you're banned :)

And this one..

[​IMG]

Indicates moderators, adminsitrators, etc.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. brado

brado Member

Postcount + 1!!

I mean... thanks Axe! Site's getting better by the day latley!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've really been trying to get a lot done here recently, and implement many of the things I've wanted to for months now.

12. clarinet45

clarinet45 Well-Known Member

great work! i really like the changes/add ons. *joy*

13. Crazy_Fool1

Crazy_Fool1 Member

Great work John, This is definitly my favorite of all the reptile forums sites out there... besides the great people and incredible amout of knowledge here, you keep it looking and workin sharp. Keep up the good work

14. ChamBreeder2005

ChamBreeder2005 New Member

Cool new stuff. What are the things like troll and that?

15. LewsKinslayer0

LewsKinslayer0 Well-Known Member

Great work Axe. I really like the new features, how they look and work.

16. Powderfinger

Powderfinger New Member

Looks good, John!!

I lok forward to seeing some of the other improvements!!!

I will add a few pics to the gallery tonight!!!

Scott

17. mxracer4life_41

mxracer4life_41 Member

Nice work there Axe, appreciate it. I will be trying to get a donation up for you guys before too long.

18. marcus

marcus New Member

sounds really cool i love it.

19. Orangemen08

Orangemen08 Member

Awesome upgrades im still waiting for those BP avatars!!!! but cool nonetheless!!! this is by far the best forum ive ever seen!! :mrgreen:

20. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Forum Header Images

Something I'm in the process of right now (and the more observant of you may have noticed this already), is going through each of the forums and giving them custom header images, like these in the ball python, boa & leo forums :(

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

These images show up for that area's index list of threads, and it also shows up when you're viewing threads in those areas.

Not all of the forum areas have been done yet, but they all will be, eventually. So far I've got about 10 forums done (takes about half an hour to cut out each images and turn it into one of these), and the rest will get done over the coming days.

21. elums

elums Member

Great Updates Axe! I was just about to ask about to comment about the forum headers, but it looks like you beat me to it.

22. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Okies, one more slight change for tonight before I go to bed...

You mave have noticed your lil mini profile thingy next to each post has changed appearance slightly. You may not :(

But, just as a reminder, here's how it looked a couple of hours ago, compared to now :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

23. ChamBreeder2005

ChamBreeder2005 New Member

if your dot is green does it make a diffference. But great stuff thanks.

24. clarinet45

clarinet45 Well-Known Member

it's whether or not your online.

also, did you change the names on the 'last post' and 'thread started by'? i must say that the red is very burning on the eyes. >_<

25. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Oh wow, I never spotted those. Looks like something called a CSS reference that I didn't notice :)