NEW TANK COMPLETE! Pictures

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by treyclash13, Apr 12, 2009.

1. treyclash13

treyclash13 New Member

Muhahahaha. FINALY! it is complete! omg... is it huge or is it huge! i am taking pictures as i am posting this so pictures will be in the post right below this one :unsure: they will be a link to photobucket! i told u guys i was commited to these 2 uros! Spike and Sasha were put n there while they were asleep so they r gunna wake up to a new world lol. Also from my previous posts she is NOT pregnant and has been eating better and has greatly fattend up. also the new uvb 160Watt is coming fed ex tomorrow :p wooo

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. treyclash13

treyclash13 New Member

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. bruno

bruno Moderator

Hi,
    That looks fantasic, awesome and any other word to describe it.
    Well Done.
    I'm sure they will be happy in there

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. treyclash13

treyclash13 New Member

woot woot thank ya thank ya! im like histerical about it lol. were still doin touch ups to paint cause it was like IMPOSSIBLE to get n my room lol. i just hope they dont get hurt on the rocks lol or over heat. i gotta some how get the temp right n there even though ima not be here tomorrow.... grr. got 5 temp gauges n there lol. wats the best way to make them get fatter lol. cause i wana to b super healthy! wen i moved em into the 55 gallon they wer a ton more active now they r in this thng i dont thnk they will kno wat to do lol. they should have enough space for both of em, a huge basking spot to share and like 5 different hiding spots.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. clint45

clint45 Embryo

how did you do the top of the cage im makeing a 6 foot long 4 feet high 2 feet wide cage for my uro

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. TacomaAnne

TacomaAnne RR Contest Winner

You are better off making it 6' long, 2' high and 4' wide ... having it 4' high is going to make it hard to get temps without suspending lights.

Trey .....

There are a couple things I would change with your set up ....
    1. Get rid of the dial thermometers ... they are known to be sometimes 15-20 degrees inaccurate
    2. Elevate the food area .. use bricks and slate ... this will cut down the possibility of impaction if they eat some of the substrate
    3. Is that a water dish?? They don't need it. They get their water from their greens and it can raise the humidity and cause respitory problems.

Other than that, it looks great ... but be forewarned ... we had a male and female together and have had to split them up .. the male took a chunk out of the females tail and they have been together since they were babies. They will eventially fight.

Keep up the good work !

Anne

12. rettler98

rettler98 Embryo

i just made a new tank too. except mines like was done in jan. im new to this too so hi everyone

13. jeffg46

jeffg46 New Member

It looks great, but the photos are time stamped 2006. Camera issues?