New Tegu

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by DJeter26, Jul 9, 2004.

1. DJeter26

DJeter26 New Member

Hey guys, I live in Coral Springs florida, and I just got a new Columbian Tegu. He's in a 4 ft long, 2 ft wide, and 2 ft deep cage. He's only about 1 or 2 months old. The cage has half cypress mulch and half dirt that I got at Underground Reptiles. Anybody have any info for me on him. I hold him everyday, but am afraid that he'll be burried all the time and never be out. Any info is appreciated

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Danac

Danac New Member

If he truly is 4 feet long, he isn't one or two months old, he is more likely two years old. That is an adult size Tegu.
    Dana

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. LIZZARLUVVER

LIZZARLUVVER Embryo

it says his cage is four feet long.... and have fun wit him tegus are great never heard a single bad thing about them.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. mickeydee1984

mickeydee1984 Embryo

I have not been here in a while, but I just got a colombian tegu also,
    she is was traded in at reptile place I work at....she is beautiful, about 2 feet at this point, i dont know how old she is but she is really, really friendly...her last owners must have taken really good care of her, I love her to death, she is my first big lizard...good luck with yours

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Ed_r

Ed_r Member

it's kinda nature of the beast to burrow and hide on occasion. But he will also come out. He may tend to burrow less if he has more greenery in his branches and on the floor so he doesn't feel so out in the open.