new to herps

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by abdukted, Jan 30, 2006.

1. abdukted

abdukted Embryo

ok so i want a reptile that i can handle after it adjusts to its new home. and one that wont be to hard to care for. i was thinking about getting one of those exoterrariums the 18x18x24 size. what kind of lizard can i keep in there and not have to worry about the tank being to small? i want a medium sized lizard but im just anxious to get started so i need some advice. i like the tanks ive seen that have like a pond in them but what kind of lizards would that work for. been reading and searching but still have lots of questions. any advice would be awsome thanks everybody.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Welcome to reptile rooms! If you want to use the exoterrariums, you might have to get a climbing gecko, like a house, or flying gecko, maybe an anole. Something that climbs. a leo needs more floor space than they provide.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lizard_man_Lane

lizard_man_Lane Well-Known Member

Crested geckos will do fine in an exo terra tank. Many people who own cresties use them and like them a lot. They aren't to hard to care for and enjoy being handled.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. BigZ3788

BigZ3788 Well-Known Member

The house and flying gecko probably would not be a very good choice, they can be fast and hard to handle. As for the crested they are very easy to handle, and some say easier to care for than leos! But keep researching to find something that you like.