New To Snakes

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by SnakeMan101, Jul 6, 2005.

1. SnakeMan101

SnakeMan101 New Member

do rosy boas and childrens pythons like to climb?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Well they're not aboreal, as far as I know. But they can climb I guess. Why don't you just do a google search of rosy boas and childrens pythons. It'll explain what they are, what kind of habitat they need, etc. Are you going to get one of those instead?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. SnakeMan101

SnakeMan101 New Member

probably not just.... just an idea. trying to keep my options open

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

That's a good idea. There's quite a few good starter snakes. It just depends on what you like in a snake, what you can handle.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. improvius

improvius New Member

Children's will probably explore whatever you put in their enclosure. But they probably won't "perch" like arboreal or semi-arboreal snakes.

-Imp

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. pilly24

pilly24 Embryo

begginer

hi i was thinking of getting a corn snake i was wondering wat would be the best for a begginer in a price range of around $200

12. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Whoa lol $200?? You could get a VERY nice corn colour morph for that much. Normal corns can start from around $25! Of course my corn cost $150 soooo :roll: Corn snakes are great beginner snakes though, as well as king snakes, milk snakes, children's pythons, sand boa/rosy boas.

13. LewsKinslayer0

LewsKinslayer0 Well-Known Member

Unless of course the $200 includes all of the supplies. Then it might not be enough. My sister and I spent about $200 each for the entire set-up. Tank, UTH, etc. but if you were to buy offline it would probably be cheaper.

But if you are willing to pay up to $200 for the snake alone, you can pretty much get any begginner snake oyu want.

14. pilly24

pilly24 Embryo

i have a 4 ft tank and the set up just not sure wat snake to get. a frend said the queensland python is a good begginer snake

15. pilly24

pilly24 Embryo

*queensland carpet python

16. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Uhm...I don't know about that. Why not just stick with something you know for sure is going to be good? Like what I suggested....

17. LewsKinslayer0

LewsKinslayer0 Well-Known Member

I've looked into getting a carpet python when I move out. The only problem I see is that they can be nippy. Not exactly what I would look for in a snake. They also get to be fairly big and I would say a begginner snake would be something that is easy to handle like a corn.