New to the forum have a few questions

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by angelz921, Nov 12, 2008.

1. angelz921

angelz921 Embryo

Hello,

I am new to this forum, about a week ago my husband and I bought a corn snake (hatchling I assume) along with the entire set up. Tank, substrate, heat lamps for night and day, a water dish, a place to hide on the cool side and a curved log type thing he can either crawl on or hide under and a thermometer. But in the week + that we've had him *for the sake of things we call it a him* we have fed him twice last Wednesday and today. I have looked around and do not see any poo or urine in the tank, am I missing something?

Also we were looking to the bath idea that I am starting too see other people do, is there something I should know before I do give him a bath. He is only about a foot long or maybe an inch or two larger. Is there a temp I should stay around water wise? Do I pat him dry before I put him back in the tank?

My last question is is there a specific place I can post pictures of my snake to determine what type of corn snake it is?

Thanks for any advice you may be able to give!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. justkev

justkev Hi :) Staff Member

If you could post temperatures that would be great.

generally though.. things tend to move slower with snakes.. just give him some time.

as for posting images.. you can post them in posts and also in the photo gallery.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. MimC

MimC Moderator

Welcome to the forum! And welcome to the awesome world of corn snakes!!

If you post a pic in here we should be able to give you a good idea on the morph...

As for defecating - if the snake is eating, she will defecate :unsure: I wouldnt bother soaking just yet as it may just stress her out. The fact she is already eating is great! It takes several days for them to defecate, and depending on your substrate it may be hard to find (i use aspen shavings and sometimes the small poops get lost...)

Unless your snake it dehydrated then i wouldnt bother soaking

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

Not nessarly, small snakes poo small. Depending on if its on a growth spirt or not it maby be useing up almost all of the mouse you fed. It may take a feding or three before it poops.

bathing is useualy reserved for when its has a bad shed, ie does not come off in one piece. And if it lays in its own poop and need a bath. other than that the snake will soak in it water if needed.

for bathing not really but never lower than 80 F. as for water bowl, tank temp is fine

no need to.

right here in this forum is fine. just get a photobucket or other free online pix sharing acount and use and post, we should be able to see you corn