New to the Leo world!

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by Ruth Phelps, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Ruth Phelps

Ruth Phelps Embryo

Hi there everyone!
    My names Ruthie and I am a new owner of my Leo. Well actually its my sons......
    We have a few concerns, such as he isn't really allowing us hold or even touch him. I've done some research and I have left my hand in somewhat by him so he gets my scent without bothering him while he is out of his hide spot. He is just so skidish every time.
    Any pointers?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Godzillagecko

Godzillagecko Member

Well take a shirt you've just worn. Put it in the tank it will add your scent and make it familiar. Put a sheet around the outside of the tank to block his view from the world. Remember you are monsters to him and he is scared. The sheet will block his view and calm him down. Give him a week or so before you try handling him again. Ease your hand close to him and just let him decide when he wants to climb on it. Do this for awhile before you try lifting him from beneath. Dont grab him just lift him a few inches and see if he is ok with that. Do this for awhile than you can try actually petting him. I got mine used to me by hand feeding. So to my girl I = food. She also likes watching tv.