New to tokays

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by JabariBoy, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JabariBoy

JabariBoy Embryo

I heard tokays are grumpy i am prepared................................. GLOVES!!!!. I built a custom built enclosure 2 feet tall 2.5 feet long 2 feet wide. Is this good for a tokay or even two any more advice would be helpful.

Attached Files:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. pilotx

pilotx Embryo

The enclosure looks fine.......make sure you wear those gloves.........mine leaves a mark on my finger even through the gloves so I imagine it would hurt without the gloves, and she's only a baby. If you want to house two of them, you can't have two males as they will fight, multiple females are OK.......and remember they are nocturnal and don't like light......good luck

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. MimC

MimC Moderator

You could probably do 2 Tokays in that tank - make sure its two females though. one male would be ok too.

Tokays definately have an "attitude" although they only bite when cornered - they wont charge you or anything. Handling is very stressful ont hem - hence the biting. With my male - if i had to move him i would either place a container over him inside the tank and slide a peice of cardboard down (much like catching a bug) - or use a towel, covering them seems to calm them a bit.

Tokays are great! Mist them a couple times a day, offer crickets every few days and enjoy! I personally prefer males because they are very vocal and get larger.

Thats a nice looking tank! You may want to add some more coverage in the open spaced - a large piece of driftwood or corkbark would do the trick.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. brendywendy

brendywendy Well-Known Member

personally id say that is too small for two tokays

anyone good at the working out size in gallons?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. MimC

MimC Moderator

This entry is over 6 months old Wendy :) I doubt you are going to get any more responses. I'm going to close this thread to stop others from being confused and posting as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.