Nile, Asian Water, or Corcodile Monitor?

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by BeardieFiend, May 16, 2005.

1. GeckoKing_57

GeckoKing_57 New Member

That would be cool.... I would love to have a water too, but to big for my house, i have small kids.........Wait a minute... maybe I will get one..LOL. If I were you I would go with a Red Ackie or a Black Throat.. they are the coolest of all IMO. Unless you went with a Black and White Tegu.... But do your research on them..... I've heard they are pretty aggressive.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. ryzard

ryzard New Member

black&whites? no they're not at all, unless they are the columbian (which really are just more skiddish), the argentine's are dog-tame.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. BeardieFiend

BeardieFiend New Member

how big do the argentines get?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. nomad85

nomad85 Member

4 feet, 20 pounds

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. ryzard

ryzard New Member

like i said, if you don't want something that big go with a blue tegu, they look about the same and are just as tame if not more so.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. mickeydee1984

mickeydee1984 Embryo

my columbian is sweet as pie...sleeps with my daughter...the red needs some work though...gets a little huffy, she was a trade in..I dont think she was treated really well...missing a lot of toes and was really thin. anyhow they are great animals.

12. rhinoviper3

rhinoviper3 New Member

I would take your time and then decide, I have 3 Niles and I love them but they are a handful only one of them is somewhat docile (hehehe) they are a love of labor, 3-5 times a day of changing water tubs (as you know this is where they do there business) but on a side note the cages are always clean. Have you researched any of the ackies check the link out to proexoctis (where I have bought numerous animals from) http://www.proexotics.com/FAQ_answers_What...s_so_great.html

good luck on whatever you get

13. Bokelana

Bokelana New Member

how much space do you have??? i wuld just put the croc out of the picture for now anyway. but yeh a sav or a b/t w/t wuld be ure best choice if you want a big lizard. since u have some space u can get 1 of those instead of a timor or sumthing. but is not and u wanted a nile/water u shuld prolly go with a water. i cant really jump that far ahead because i am only experienced with savs...for now anyway :)