non feeding corn

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by susyq, Aug 21, 2004.

1. susyq

susyq Member

I have a hatchling that is very small which was hatched at the begining of august, it is approximately 5 inches long with a head no more than 1cm in length and its neck is no more than 6mm wide. is there anything smaller than a pinkie that i could feed it on to get it feeding.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

You could try mouse tail or part of a pinkie.... another possibility is newborn pinks if you hit the pet shop at the right time.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. susyq

susyq Member

by mouse tail do you actually mean the tail off a mouse and if so which bit, ive already tried part of a pinkie, and im gonna try cutting open the brain case of the pinkie next and then splitting the stomach. can they eat fish?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. herpslave

herpslave Member

Feeder fish can contain many unhealthy oils, more prone to diseases, and some vitamins I have heard can cause brain damage to alot of snakes. When you are doing these cuts and splits do u plan to have the pinky mouse dead first?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. susyq

susyq Member

yes dead first(frozen)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. susyq

susyq Member

thanks for all the advice given, this is to update this post as the corn in question has now eaten thankgod. thanks again to all contributers

12. Markey

Markey New Member

I love updates....I'm so happy that your little corn is eating now. Great news!

13. susyq

susyq Member

thanks