non-venimous water snakes as pet

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by jbrennan01, Jul 22, 2009.

1. jbrennan01

jbrennan01 New Member

I have a ball python and i have for quite sometime. I recently took a visit to the zoo, more specifically the reptile house and i came across and interesting little fellow. It was a bright green snake and it was semi-aquatic. There was a small stream, powered by a filter and the snake was basking in the light on a rock near it. This guy tickled my fancy and i have been researching domesticated non-venimous water snakes. My best bet thus far is a brown snake but it gets up to five feet long and i dont want one this big, i would preferr a two foot snake max. Is there any hope for this scaly fantasy of mine or is a small domesticated non-venimous water snake unrealstic? My thanks to those of you who reply.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

i think i've done one research of a very good snakes. i really forgot, it was a long ago, but it was something with latin name ended in javanicus. if i wasnt mistaken, that isnt venomous, docile, beautiful, and i think only up to a meters long. sorry for the lack of info i'll try getting more info.
    please wait mate :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

http://www.acrochordus.com/jcaresheet.htm
    here
    its about acorchodus javanicus, aka elephant trunk snake, i think its the most beautiful of all the acrochordus. i think care is a bit hard here, and sorry this one is fully aquatic. they get to i think 3 feet (they didnt said the max i think)
    thats it. hope this helps mate