NOT EATING

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by rowdy panther, Oct 24, 2014.

1. rowdy panther

rowdy panther Embryo

everdeen is my leopard gecko iv had her about 3 months and up until the past few days she was eating like 5 meal worms as fast as I could put them in her tank and now she hasn't eaten in like 4 days should I be worried? I have a fancy gecko and he never eats but that is the way that he has always been and iv had him about the same amount of time....

is it because im only feeding everdeen meal worms...or is it because she is now full grown or what is the deal? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Amber9925

Amber9925 Embryo

There can be a couple reasons why it's not eating. Adult Leo's should eat around 15 mealworms every second day depending on the Leo or if you always feed it mealworms you could try to feed it crickets for a bit. Make sure it's habitat has everything it needs. also it could be because of shedding. Leo's usually shed monthly and you can tell because it turns white and it needs to eat it skin after its done shedding and yes I know it's gross but because it has to eat the skin it might not eat a bit before because it needs room to eat the skin and it might not eat a bit after because it will be full. another reason is because of sickness so you should make sure your Leo's very healthy. also if you can't see anything wrong just take it to a local vet and make sure everything's alright.

Also you can check out Petsmarts website for lots of info on leopard geckos or check out LEOPARDGECKO.COM

Hope this helped!! Good luck with your Leo!!

Also about your your crested I don't know much about that stuff but I would take it to a vet because it seems serious

My experience is being a Leo owner

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Amber9925

Amber9925 Embryo

Sorry I didn't do links but I don't know how to add me lol