Notice to AOL Visitors

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Axe, Apr 11, 2006.

1. bratspets

bratspets Member

Gee, darn it, we just returned to AOL. But the mailbox I use for Rep Rooms is a Yahoo address, which is free.
    So, if people want to keep AOL, they can set up a separate email address with yahoo that ties into their Reptile Rooms account. Just one idea...

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. flowerchild

flowerchild New Member

aol visitor's

hello every one thats not just an idea it a good one i did just that since i read the aol visitor's alert i went and wrote down my yahoo account now lets see if they try to block e-mail's from a free account i hope evryone that is interested in this website like you and me do go through yahoo good luck to anyone trying to register through aol.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. uhh..yeah

uhh..yeah New Member

so why are you trying to turn us all awy from aol because YOU have problems with them? sorry but crying to us isnt gonna help

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

This is not a matter of turning people away from AOL, this post was created to inform new Reptile Rooms users who have AOL that the it is not RR fault that they cannot recieve their sign up confirmation email. If I were an AOL user, and I was having a hard time signing up, I would be happy for an explaination.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

Correct, jayhay. We could care less if people decide to use AOL. That's none of our business. Axe was just addressing the recent questions from AOL users regarding their inability to receive a confirmation email. We fielded quite a few of these questions in the chat room before this thread was started.
    That's funny :D Yes, giving people an explanation about why they cannot get legitimate emails from our site is crying. And who exactly is "Us"? Are you representing the AOL community at large? The RR.com AOL community? I doubt they feel the same way. Most people I know like to be informed as to why they are having difficulties with the site. I know if I couldn't get my confirmation email, email notifications, etc, I'd like to know why and find out what I could do about it. But maybe I'm just weird.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. brittone05

brittone05 Well-Known Member

I agree Da Cubs - I am pretty hacked off at never getting my notifications all thansk to AOL - I cna't change provider but I will be setting up a free account to see if I can get them that way - does anyone know if hotmail email receives the reply???

12. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

yep, I use hotmail and it works just fine :)

13. Klare88

Klare88 New Member

I had to go to yahoo and create a email so i could get a password. Aol is ridicolus

14. BSB

BSB Well-Known Member

Anyone with this problem could open a free email account with yahoo or some other site. This would get you around this issue.

15. cricketnutz

cricketnutz New Member

your never gonna get a reply or fix from aol they thing there god and you should adapt around them then the cold hard truth is there antivirus is mediocore there service and support has the same collective intelligence as a grapefruit and quite frankly there aol instant messager cuases more proplems then its supposed benifits im sorry if im rabbling on but in all the time i spend repairing computers there is not one service that has killed more machines then aol to anyone with a decent highspeed you dont need aol you can run stright though internet explorer or mozilla anyone else am sorry aols killed your chances you will have to uses alternative methods such as ones suggested here before

16. pigger93

pigger93 Member

i just got a hotmail account. free easy to use and it lets u on rr ;)

17. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

I think thats the best way to do it

18. BigS06

BigS06 Member

I was wondering why I couldnt register... Thank goodness for yahoo. :wink:

19. mandatorychaos

mandatorychaos Member

AOL Bstards

20. BigS06

BigS06 Member

Well said mandatorychaos, well said. LOL

21. marcstif

marcstif Embryo

aol visitors

hi everyone just like to say re: aol i had probs with them when i tried to reg with rr so i used my hotmail account no probs

22. opy01

opy01 Well-Known Member

RE: aol visitors

This is a comon problem with AOL and some other email providers. The company I work for has serious problems with AOL blocking us if more than a certain amount of email from our ISP (not just our domain) send emails to any and all AOL users. They will put your entire ISP on a spam list and no email will go through for about 48 hours. Once the block is lifted it is only a matter of minutes before it is blocked again. Our old ISP has been fighting with AOL for a couple of years to resolve this with absolutely no success at all.

23. lollapalooza

lollapalooza Member

RE: aol visitors

I remember using AOL about 5 or 6 years ago. Horrible experience. I remember when we tried to cancel they had my Mom on the phone for half an hour until she finally told the guy to just shut up and cancel her account. It sucks to see people still using them, I hope they will die out eventually. Though, they aren't what they used to be.

24. mkbailey755

mkbailey755 New Member

All
    Out of
    Luck