Ocala Vet recheck visit Alive/Dead Beardie

Discussion in 'Florida Reptile Nuts' started by Denise_V, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Denise_V

Denise_V New Member

There are two reptile vet offices in Ocala...One very professional and the other ????????
    The previous owner brought him to this ???? vet because he stop eating and was not moving around and was diagnosed with MBD. So, I was given this little guy to rescue because the real owner did not have the time to spend with him. And with a little TLC...real sun, right diet and a good supplement...he was doing pretty good. I took him back to the same ???? vet for a recheck, they even said, how well he was doing as he was trying to climb off the table. The tech told the vet she would like a fresh fecal sample (I took a sample in that was a day old) so they decided to turn him on his back and used this tool to retrieve a sample, as they had him on his back, bent slightly, to restrain him, I notice his gums were turning blue, thinking they knew what they were doing I did not say a thing. (I have learned to speak up at the cost of losing my lizard yesterday ) She turned him over and put him back on the table, and he looked really stressed and had his mouth open GASPING for air, she even "declared" he looked stressed (in other words she claimed there was something JUST not right, but she went to check the sample that the tech was looking at and was gone around 5 min, when she came back to the room he had just stopped breathing, at that point she decided that he might need oxygen and took him to the back (she needed to be worrying about what was going on with him not the fecal).....The tech NOT the vet came to tell me he died ....... Was this sample that important, No I don't think so. I told them I would bring a fresh one in the next day before she started with the tool)
    Please,if something doesn't feel or look right SPEAK-UP!!!!!!!!!
    His lungs collapsed because of the angle they had him positioned!! (I spoke to many knowledgeable people and vets about the cause of his death and they concur that it was caused by this handling) and I have not heard from her personally yet!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. RobertII

RobertII Well-Known Member

Wow I am terribly sorry for your loss and that is bad.
    A herp vet would know that a dragon on its back is a bad thing.
    I feel for you.

Robert

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Wow, that really sucks.
    Im not good with words but I would be devasted having to see unexpierenced vets handle my lizrads like that.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. sickend

sickend New Member

wow dude that sux! i lost both of mien at 8yrs and i was killer bummed as im sure you are too.. hang in there bud!