Odd behavior

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by Sasha, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Sasha

Sasha Embryo

My little guys (and gal) are just flat-out weird. Someone help me out here....

First of all - I ended up putting one of the 10 gallon terrarriums back together. One of my males was just not happy in the 30 tall. He's now in a 10 tall hex by himslef. He is very docile, does not chase food and stays pretty brown. (Heat, humidity, UV A/B all good). I presume he eats when I'm not around and he stays as close to the top as possible. He's fiesty if I attempt to touch him - which I do not do unless absolutely necessary. In fact, to move him from one tank to the other I had to use a net that I coaxed him to climb into. I them put my warm hand under him. He stayed put long enough to get him to the hex. I simply do not know how to make him green anymore. His weight is good and he poops. Any ideas?

Now, on to my other 2 weirdos.....

These two co-exist well together. A male and a female. She eats like a pig. A really big pig. This AM I goofed and let a HUGE cricket get in the tank. Normally they get small crickets. This one was easily the size of Charlotte's head. The big doomed cricket wandered off - I assumed that Charlotte would leave it alone and I'd fish it out when I got home from work. Well, the little princess stalked it and snarfed it up - head first. Within a minute or so she had swallowed the whole flippin' thing. I was shocked. Her belly was big and she licked her chops quite a bit. She also turned a brilliant shade of green. Tonight she is her normal weird self. Oh, and she usually sleeps upside down on this little ledge near the screen at the top, clutching it. Do I need to be concerned here??

The other male is also docile - good weight and color - I presume he has everything he needs.

Opinions, please.... Thanks! ;)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. reptile.breeder

reptile.breeder New Member

no sound like a normale lizard to me but just keep an eye on them apart from that all sounds jiggy

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. reptile.breeder

reptile.breeder New Member

sory normale

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Camillo

Camillo New Member

The only thing I find weird is that a male was unhappy in a 30 gallon tank. Ah, well. Other than the brown-ness of the male in the 10-gallon, everything seems normal here. *or, as reptile.breeder so eloquently put it, "sound like a nomale lizard to me" :) *

Don't be too surprised at the girl chowing down. Just be glad she managed to swallow it.