ohio man bitten by his viper

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Hummingbird, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

they just had an article on the news saying that an ohio man had been bitten by his rhinoceros viper! i guess they took him to the local hospital and then took him via helicopter to a hospital in cincinnati, i believe. they said he was in fair condition, so i'm assuming he'll be okay.

just thought i'd share!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. passionswave

passionswave New Member

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Wasn't there a lady killed by a viper here in Ohio Cynthia? I could have sworn I saw something in the news. These people are gonna get herps banned in Ohio ;)

At least it sounds like she'll be ok. Thanks for sharing! Youch!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. GreenGod

GreenGod Member

gosh! to many people getting hurt these days, they need to consider things like that when buying herps of that nature :D

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. deeman

deeman Embryo

wow..

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Hummingbird

hey jeff i have no idea about a woman getting bitten - haven't heard that.

i know that one of the cols zoo guys, joel, got bitten by one of the zoo's venomous snakes (last winter, maybe?). he was in bad shape for awhile, but he's doing good now.

12. pogonavittticeps69

pogonavittticeps69 New Member

sounds like those with Venomous Herps need to take a Leaf out of Steve Irwins book...."Yeah,This is one of the most venomous snakes in the Wuuurrld.....Lets poke it with a stick and see wot he duz!" Nutters,stick to the cuddly herps Like Beardies!!

13. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

Joel was bitten the winter before last by a Suphan Cobra (gorgeous snake...nasty disposition). I think I remember the story about the woman though. Sometime in the fall I think. People can be careless, but even the most experienced keepers (even zoo keepers with 20 years experience) can get bitten.

14. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

It's when they don't have enough security and their snakes hurt someone else that poses the big problem with outlawing them. Well, that and the people who just "don't get it".

When I see stuff like that it really irks me! So many times the few who are careless will ruin it for the majority who are responsible.

15. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Hey, Rob.....Congrats, You finally have 1000 posts!!! Yeah!!!!! Go Ro-ob, Go Ro-ob, Go Ro-ob. :mrgreen:

16. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

Woohoo!! I would have forgotten all about that! Thanks for noticing!

17. Hummingbird

took the words right out of my mouth! couldn't agree more.