oops - lost green anole help

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by pen, Jul 13, 2004.

1. pen

pen Embryo

I can use any helpful advice on finding my son's escaped anole. I am a bad mother who did not close the screen top securely enough. I have tried to keep escape routes from his room closed off, and have put in some misted plants as wall as a little peach baby food to try and draw him out. Any other suggestions? Can it survive the night? Thanks.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KR3LL

KR3LL New Member

I wish the best to you, I really dont know what you could do besides look. And keep the cats out of that area/room. When I was a kid, I got my first non-hamster pet. I got a green anole from walmart. I took very good care of it, to the best of my knowledge being about 12 years old. I would take it out of the cage and set it on the window cell, the anole seemed to really like it, and it never moved. I was watching it one afternoon on the window cell and i cut myself. I ran to the bathroom for a bandaid and came back and it was gone. I looked all night and never found it. I eventually found it on the kitchen floor and it had a toothmark from my cat in its side. I think it died about 2 days later. I hope yours doesnt go as bad as my lost one went.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. pen

pen Embryo

Thank you - I hope it does end well. We'll keep our fingers crossed. The cats will be kept out!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. ferret_corner

ferret_corner New Member

Yeah, maybe a heating pad on the floor (human pad) and crank up the AC. Lord, a lost anole..... Hopefully he will be as accomodating as my frog and just come crawling down the hallway soon.

Sharon

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. ferret_corner

ferret_corner New Member

I'm so sorry, I'm so stupid, try a heat light. Like a clamp light. Turn out the lights in the room, blackout the window, and turn on a clamp lamp aimed at the floor.

Hopefully the little guy will "go into the light!" ROTFL!

Sharon

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. pen

pen Embryo

Thank you, Sharon. We'll set it up tonight - maybe we'll take turns on anole watch. Pen

12. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Another suggestion is a deep bowl with crix in it. While he could still get in and out of the bowl, the crix can't and you'll be able to tell if he is still in the room if the food disappears. I'd be looking in behind stuff and in the closets. Somewhere relatively warm, but dark and out of the main flow of traffic... probably higher up. If you can, try to put a tree (real or fake... one of those 4 or 5 foot high ones), or some kind of plant (like Pothos) in the room and keep an eye on it. Good luck.

13. Derek

Derek Member

I would check you sinks and bathtubs they often like to go there or if you have a plant check there