Our Reptile Family...you've been waiting on!!

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by Collard, May 6, 2007.

1. Collard

Collard Member

Hey guys,

Here is our family of reptiles, excluding the Red Tail and the Columbian Rainbow Boa. The RT is in Full shed, and I can not find the pictures of the Rainbow, so I'll post them later as a follow up! I hope you enjoy them!!

Slidell our Indonesian Tree Boa
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mickey (Amazon Tree Boa-Halloween Phase)
    [​IMG]

Firefly (Amazon Tree Boa)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New Bearded Dragon w/ Puff (bearded)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Green Tree Frogs
    [​IMG]

Grayce (Green Tree Python)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Early (Green Tree Python)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Babalu (Borneo Blood Python)
    [​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. beefcake

beefcake Member

RE: Our Reptile Family...you

they all look great......how do u manage to feed them all? and are any of them hard to handle?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Collard

Collard Member

Yes, the GTP's are NOT manageable at all!! They bring blood through the gloves!! The ATB's are striky, but we've been working with them every day, so hopefully they'll begin to calm down. Everyone else has their moments, but none have bitten! The blood is new, and I haven't handled him yet. We'll see!!! :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. PitsNherps

PitsNherps Well-Known Member

Awesome collection :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Collard

Collard Member

Thanks! We love em!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Wow, thats an amazing collection there! Let us know how you get on with taming the fiery GTPs and ATBs!

12. Tux

Tux Well-Known Member

Nice collection but what substrate are those dragons on?

13. bodom85

bodom85 Member

Nice collection. I like the atb, looks very similar to ours. did you happen to pick that up from LLL reptile? My GTP is cool and has never struck at me. I hope it stays like that. I like the blood. Congrats on that. again very nice collection.

14. willythegame16

willythegame16 Member

I WANT YOUR GTPS :) They are so cool, i love my little one( he looks like Early), and my little guy is fine just no sharp movements lol The ATBs i thought are usually more aggressive the GTPs but i guess you do get bitey ones lol. Are the gtps a prospective pair?, ive got another two on order for a future breeding project which should be fun!

loving all the pictures, wouldnt mind your blood python too much either :)

15. LeoLady

LeoLady Member

Your ATBs and GTPs are to die for! What anamazing collection!

16. Collard

Collard Member

Re: RE: Our Reptile Family...you

Thanks! No, we purchased our ATB's and the Blood from Ben Siegel Reptiles. You can look at their line up if you'd like at
    www.albinonile.com
    Wonderful people to deal w/. Ben is VERY knowledgeable and was egger to share w/ us what he knew! We would have bought him out if we could have!! ;-)

17. Collard

Collard Member

We're not too sure on the sex of them yet! Our local breeder wanted to wait till late summer to sex them b/c of their size. Their eating well, and we would LOVE to have ended up w/ a pair! (We would even settle for a pair of females!! haha) thanks for the comment though! The blood is in full shed, so I'll get some post shed Pic's up ASAP! ;-)

18. Collard

Collard Member

Their on aspen pellets for now since we just brought them in. Tomorrow we have plans to put tile down for them! ;-)

19. beefcake

beefcake Member

RE: Re: RE: Our Reptile Family...you

how do u manage to feed them all? and yeh that last python is a blood python.............and since its name has blood in it i think i would be more scared of handling it then anything else .........haha

20. Collard

Collard Member

haha, he's really not that bad!! At least I havent been bitten....yet.... lol ;-) Feeding day is a little tricky!! I wish we had the time to breed mice!! Lets see, on feeding day we buy 7 live pinks, 2 frozen fuzzies, and a frozen mid size rat pup....Fun... lol ;-) I love watching the tree snakes feed! sad, but really interesting!

21. unrealjill

unrealjill Well-Known Member

absolutely stunning collection collard - i love the gtps! and i'm smitten with that blood too - saw your other thread on him, he is fantastic looking.

22. Collard

Collard Member

thanks! I cannot wait till he shed's so I can begin working with him and see his true colors! he's very unique looking, he has stripes rather than blotches like most bloods that I have seen. And a beautifully marked cross on the top of his khaki head! haha I could describe him and talk about him all day!! ;-)

23. willythegame16

willythegame16 Member

Hey may i ask , is it the gtps that are feeding live? My wee guy is a real pain when it comes to feeding and i think im just about to resort to live...

24. dumerillis_1986

dumerillis_1986 Well-Known Member

Collard breeding mice is not to hard or time consuming.. and if you buy mostly pinkies then it will be cake. i have done it a couple of times by accident lol.

25. Collard

Collard Member

Willy....yes, we feed all the small snakes live. Its easier and they always hit it right off. We only buy frozen fuzzies. (Cheaper that way too) The GTP's eat 2 live pinks each and the ATB's eat a pink a piece. Seems like the little one's know what you're giving them, doesn't it? Our larger snakes don't care what it is as long as its going down their throats!! Haha . =) We'll eventually introduce everyone to frozen.

Jason...The only real problem I think that I'd have with raising mice is the smell, and their just soo cute when you have been watching them for a while...haha =) I tried giving the blood a baby rat the other day and just felt TERRIBLE!! That's the first time I've ever not wanted to feed someone!! The blood is going through a shed, and he ended up not eating so we returned the rat pup. Hopefully he'll eat after he sheds. The guys we bought him from said that they've never had a hard time getting them to eat. And guess what we discovered today?!?! Our GTP's have mites!! My heart dropped when I noticed them! At the breeder we got them from had just purchased a large shipment of reptiles from a show he had gone to, and the Woma he had, I discovered had mites when I was holding her a week back. (The GTP's came in the same bunch) So I either transfered them to our house on my clothes, or they have had them, i just haven't noticed! We fed everyone yesterday, so I'm waiting till tomorrow to soak them, and clean their tank. We took the tank and everything that their in out of the room and isolated them. I checked everyone else over, including the new blood to make sure he wasn't the one that brought them in, and everyone else looked nice and clean. But I'm going to keep a real close eye on everyone. I never thought we would have to deal with something like this!! Oh well....I guess it was bound to happen sometime!!

Have you ever dealt w/ a mite problem? If so, how did you get them out? I know we've just got to soak them and make sure that we get the water up in all the crevasses of the tank. Any other advice?