Pet Store Humor

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by diablo17, Feb 25, 2006.

1. diablo17

diablo17 Member

couple little things i personally found amusing. maybe it's just me, but:

last week i was buying a mouse and there was a little girl at the pet store with her dad looking at mice. when i had the pet store dude get me a mouse the little girl said "look daddy, that man is buying a mouse", and her dad kinda chuckled and said "yeah honey, just don't ask him why he's buying a mouse."

and today when i went to get mice there were some teenagers looking at the mice. they were talking about how cute they are (aw, look at the little tan one with the stripe on his head...) and one of the guys said "i think i might get one, they're sooo cute and i bet it'd be a fun pet. and they're cheap, too". so a minute later i'm having the pet store chick grab me a couple of 'em and the guy who's thinking about getting one says "how long do those guys live?"... so i answered honestly "once i get 'em home, about 15 minutes."

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Classic!!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. shrap

shrap ReptileBoards Addict

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. CornyGuy

CornyGuy Well-Known Member

Haha, they must have been confused.

Speaking of pet store humor, I was shopping at petco(I hate to support the poor care of animals but that is the only local pet store for supplies) and I was looking at the snakes(obviously in poor care). And there was an albino burmese there, one lady said, "Wow it's so beautiful, do you think they sell black mambas here?" I wanted to say probobly not, THEY ARE ONE OF THE MOST VENOMOUS SNAKES IN THE WORLD! But I was polite saying, no probobly not.
    I just thought it was funny.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

Lol, great.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Every time I go to my local pet store to pick up a feeder mouse..I always get dirty looks from the cashier :D Just one mouse thank you..no cage or accessories needed;)

12. diablo17

diablo17 Member

Re: RE: Pet Store Humor

you forgot "see you in 5 days!"

i don't have that problem, the people at my local petco don't seem to have a problem with live feeders.

13. VtMiPgYeRr

VtMiPgYeRr Member

RE: Re: RE: Pet Store Humor

:3 What a great story, and the one about the black mamaba too.. hehe Ill be giggling for a bit.

14. wolverine0001

wolverine0001 New Member

RE: Re: RE: Pet Store Humor

lol kind of reminds me of the local pet store selling a customer 2 male bettas and 1 small tank. till death do they part.

15. CornyGuy

CornyGuy Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Pet Store Humor

This tank ain't big enough for the two of us. Lol.

16. iloveherps

iloveherps Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Pet Store Humor

hahaha all good ones! one time when i bought a creamsical corn snake about 3 foot, the lady (well she was probably 18 years old) who was working there told me that it would eat PINKY MICE!! lol had to chuckle at that one. that pet store knows nothing about there pets! when i get a little older (i am 14) i want to work there just so i can help out the herps!

17. diablo17

diablo17 Member

lol, nice. sure, it'll eat pinkies... a dozen at a time!!

18. iloveherps

iloveherps Member

That is what i told the lady!! She could not believe me that it could eat a large mouse!!

19. wolverine0001

wolverine0001 New Member

well at least youd never have to worry about it refusing a meal..lol

20. babybub

babybub Member

lolz...i work at a petstore....petco by chance, but i didnt know how things ran till i started working there....well anyways...i stay because i know that not very many people care how the animals are treated there...i am really lucky, cuz our manager listens to us and if we need or want something for our little guys then they get it for us. But yes...alot of petstores have NO idea what they are doing! i heard this guy tell one of our customers that he should leave huge chunks of vegatables our for a little frog..hmm...i wasnt sure whether to laugh or cry...

21. HadesBP18

HadesBP18 Member

Hm, I was in Blockbuster once with my friend who lives with me and we were at the counter checking out. I wasn't paying attention to the dude at the register and for some reason I remembered that I found a stray bag of frozen rats that I had been looking for. All of a sudden I said, "Oh Joce, I found those rats in the freezer finally!" and she said "Oh yeah, I saw their little feet sticking out from behind the steak last night and pulled them forward so you'd find them." After thanking her I looked up at the guy and his eyes were as wide as silver dollars. He just handed me the movies and walked away, no thank you or anything lol

The pet store people know me, but I only buy frozen. When I started my rat breeding colony the owners daughter got all sad when I went to pick out the only grey rat, but I told her it wouldn't die. :D

22. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

From behind the steak...classic :D

23. Bambi

Bambi New Member

The pet store in my town decided they didn't want to give my friend feeder mice anymore, they always told him they had run out. He started having me go in every once in a while and innocently pick out a mouse pretending I was getting it as a pet. hehe.

24. diablo17

diablo17 Member

petstores who won't sell you mice for feeders are just being stupid. snakes eating mice is just a part of nature. they have no problem selling you 100 crickets, so what's the issue with 2 mice? besides, why do you think they only cost $2??? cuz THEY'RE FOOD, not pets.

luckily i get no problems from my local petco. although sometimes whie i'm in line i have a habit of unconsiously shaking the little mouse box back and forth and i've gotten some pretty sour looks over that. i don't know why i do it, maybe i'm excited about the feeding or something. i don't even realize i'm doing it until someone looks at me funny.

25. LedZeppelinFan101

LedZeppelinFan101 New Member

Haha. The pet store i work at will not let me sell people guinea pigs, rabbits, hamsters, or gerbils as feeders. The one girl i work with has a pet rat that she's totally obsessed with, though! go figure! different strokes for different folks...