Pet Store Humor

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by diablo17, Feb 25, 2006.

1. StockrA

StockrA New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Pet Store Humor

im getting a bit fed up of mine, they cant tell the difference between a medium sized rat to a small mouse, and the worst is the guy who owns the shop does dilivery's, not moaning about that part it saves me the hassle of catching 2 buses, it when he dilivers and i open the bag when he's gone only to find a mouse, i then gota go back up the store, to either get another or what i wanted.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. babybub

babybub Member

LEd what petstore do you work at? I have a rat..and she will never see the jaws of death from my little boi. I love them both equally. Maybe it helps that i feed bub f/t...he tends to be a little clumsy with live..he gets nipped almost everytime...so i switched him over.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. shrap

shrap ReptileBoards Addict

You know how many times I have been helping people in pet stores just to have the pet store employee say.....

"Well that cant be right cause we dont sell that here".

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...... that always cracks me up.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

My pet store is shaping up!! Discovered one of the girls that works there as several snakes. So the other day I was there getting a feeder mouse, and walked up to the till expecting the girl to roll her eyes at me for killing an innocent mouse, and she's like "Oh, sh*t, that reminds me, I need to stock up on some feeders too!". Now I dont feel that bad. She remembered me when I was there last..we now ask how each others snakes are doing ;)

Clearly, some pet store employees arent that bad :D

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. babybub

babybub Member

i would certianly hope not....i dont think i am that bad...i remember who buys what and how often...sometimes we just look at eachother and dont even have to say anything...i mean..everything has to eat right?!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

hehe..the one time I bought a mouse, the employee (not the same one), looked at the mouse and said "sorry". Said she felt the need to apologise to the mouse everytime she sold a feeder :) Must be tough working in a pet shop becuase you love animals and then have to sell them for snacks.

I sympathize with them, really.

12. babybub

babybub Member

lolz...i dont feel like i have to apologize..the less time they spend at the store the better....even though i know their fate...plus if someone comes in to get a feeder i make them pick it out. they have to tell me male or female and point to the one they want. If they dont pass this then they really shouldnt have the pet....its the circle of life...lolz

13. iloveherps

iloveherps Member

That is sad that some one would not sell a mouse for a feeder. they die either way. they are inbread so much they cant live very long any way.

14. diablo17

diablo17 Member

not to mention the fact that most pet mice are owned by kids who don't know anything about the health and nutrition of a pet. at least the mice i buy die a pretty quick, useful death instead of slowly dying of malnutrition and disease, then being buried in a cigar box in the backyard.

15. iloveherps

iloveherps Member

yep that is mostly what happends.

16. LedZeppelinFan101

LedZeppelinFan101 New Member

I work at a small local pet store called "Martin's Pet and Garden Center" in bustling downtown Elkhart. heehee. it's funnier if you know elkhart. huge city. i think we have like 50,000 people. There's not much more than corn in Indiana despite the motto on our license plates! haha

17. Kingston

Kingston New Member

its a good thing i have 2 REPTILE stores by my house. So i don't get the evil looks :D

18. hyun

hyun New Member

lol! :)

19. Oliver12

Oliver12 New Member

A bit off topic but the petstore where I go to buy my cricket make me get em myself cuz they dont wanna touch them....

20. CornyGuy

CornyGuy Well-Known Member

Haha, scared of little crickets.

21. diablo17

diablo17 Member

i went to buy a mouse today and the manager (who i kinda lectured about his BP's a couple weeks ago) was working the register. while he was ringing up my mouse he goes "while i have you here, a customer called about a problem with a cornsnake he just bought..." and asked for my advice about it. at least he admits he doesn't know much!

22. CornyGuy

CornyGuy Well-Known Member

What was the problem?

23. diablo17

diablo17 Member

the tip of his tail turned brown. he said it almost looked like the very tip had been cut off or something.