Petco Petco Petco

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by UltimateFX, Jan 11, 2006.

1. bratspets

bratspets Member

RE: Re: RE: pet store

I never have liked the big chain stores. I personally like a smaller, quaint shop where I can get to know the owner/manager/workers, and know they enjoy the animals as much as I do. They are less defensive and more
    responsive about questions/problems.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. DVM12

DVM12 New Member

KitSune79-

well when she was young the owners had her in with baby orphaned squirrels and other odd pets, and she kinda turned into ferrett foster mom, she doenst like being with out a acage mate. I know i was freaked by the whole them getting along, but i usually only leave them together for 1 hour supervised just to be on the safe side. Its terribly cute though. he has lots of heavy objects he can hide in and under in case of emergency where she cant get to him.

She doesnt act like a normal ferrett though. she doenst like exploring she likes cuddling, and playing with toys especiallyt the mini troll doll i gave her that she insists on smacking against my forehead. kinda like the scene from charlie and the chocolate factory where the squirell is tapping on the fore-head of veruca. anyway,

I now shop at a local mom and pop petr store ownerd by a lovly couple who are very into good husbandry and good breeding, they are both very knowledgeable and dont carry crap foods!

Excellent store!

-Tabitha

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. bratspets

bratspets Member

That is way cute, Tabitha! Got pics?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Kitsune79

Kitsune79 New Member

That's so adorable! Yes please if you have cute pics of them together, please post!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. DVM12

DVM12 New Member

I will post tomorrw if i can figure out how, if not ill put pics of them on my website. [Edited by Mod]

-Tabitha

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. DVM12

DVM12 New Member

Is there anyway someone can tell me how to upload pictures into the gallery forum.

Thanks.

12. drbearded

drbearded New Member

my brother is the manager of a pet warehouse and when an employee does something stupid he gives them an application to toys r us

13. bratspets

bratspets Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: pet store

Have you already tried?
    I am not an expert, but what I do is upload my digital or scanned photos to my www.photobucket.com album, which automatically "compresses" the image size. I can then save the "thumbnails" to my photo files on my computer. I know the thumbnails are small enough to go in the image gallery. I have a 5 megapixel digital camera, so all of my pics have to be compressed, and I am not sure how to do that. For directing people to an image on a forum you can copy and paste the URL from the Photobucket
    site to take people to specific pics. Here is an example of one of mine:
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/bra...on/100_3348.jpg

Here is everything you need to know...if you can figure it out! :roll:
    http://www.reptilerooms.com/forumtopic-18983.html
    ...I need more help, too. Good luck!

14. Fryd

Fryd New Member

hows the pay at these places? fairly reasonable? I don't think I'd be interested at working at a petsmart or petco but I might check around some independent shops since I need a job. My knowledge in snakes and other herps isn't that great but I haven't enough common sense to know how things need to be done. I'm sure a good hour of reading around here on all the different species would tell me most I needed to know

15. leo_luvr

leo_luvr Embryo

i bought my superworms from there and there was only 5 alive the rest where black and burnt

yea same at our petco theres ALOT of baby leos but there so crammed in together I told them i was going to do a store complante they told me I couldn't do nothing about it so Im pretty sure when I go back up there I'll have a few more words to say =D

16. i_3_Scooter

i_3_Scooter New Member

i got my first lizard, Scooter, through a petco's negligence. he had a habit of getting out, which i find odd because their tank, though way too small (5gal) had a way better top than mine has, one with fasteners and all that. mine just has one of the wire ones that you push down on. but they thought he wasn't in there anymore, and had taken him off the inventory. so when i was in there watching the person who worked there trying to catch the crocodile gecko i was going to buy (i'd wanted a leo but they were out of my budget) all the sudden this little green lizard goes shooting across the tank next to it. turns out he'd been in there for a week and a half with no food or water :). i immediately asked about him, learned that, they more or less made me adopt him on the spot :-S lol. i think they really only wanted me to adopt him like that because they didn't want me to raise a fuss about him. and what's sad is that petco is one of the better stores big chain stores i've ever seen :-S. they still had the small tanks but they have uv lights for all the tanks, they don't cram 10-20 into the tanks, usually only 2 at the most, and at least decent habitats.

17. TáriStar

TáriStar Well-Known Member

Just let me add this.

I complained about my local petco once... I know everyone who works in there so i felt bad at first but,

I got a response saying the would correct the beardie issue. I was so happy.

the next week i went in to talk to my friend who works there. Home office called them the day after they e-mailed me and told them to go back to what they were doing before.

So calling and writing doesn't do anything.

18. baller2413

baller2413 New Member

Petco

the just say that to shut people up i know i uses to work there but some people there really do care about the animals.

John_