Photo/Video laws in FL pet stores

Discussion in 'Reptile Law & Legislation' started by passionswave, Mar 1, 2005.

1. passionswave

passionswave New Member

Alright. There is a petco in my area that has animals (especially the reptiles) in the most horrible and disgusting conditions. I just needed to know the florida law on video taping/taking pictures in the stores. I wont be using sound at all. but using a camcorder and camera. thanks!!!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. BoyntonStylez

BoyntonStylez Member

Umm .. I didnt know there was anything AGAINST taking pictures. I saw a man last night snapping pictures of something at PetSmart. I guess it's a free country and it doesn't matter. If they get upset, then they know something is wrong. Also, if you're worried, try using something like a Camera Phone instead of being totally obvious. You can always call your local court house and see waht they say.

.. Maybe I didnt help too much, but .. anyway

-Julez

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

Alot of stores have a policy that prohibits it, but I don't think it's a law. They just don't want competitors taking pictures of their store/merchandise/setup.
    Take some pics and see if anyone says something. Most retail employees don't care enough to stop you.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. passionswave

passionswave New Member

awesome. thanks alot guys

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Please use more descriptive subject lines when posting new threads. "Need help" isn't really very useful to those browsing the threads that may be interested.

12. InvaderKiani

InvaderKiani New Member

Petco can e terrible! Just the other day I was looking at one in my home town. The ball pythons had very low humidity and not enough substrate to cover the bottom of the cage. The water was nasty looking and all the poor things had these dry chapped looking sores and black smudges on their dorsles. The red tails were no better! one was curled up in a corner and the other was DEAD! The anoles were living amoungst their own corpses and it was the same with the geckos and tree frogs. It was a terrible sight! I went to the register and told him and all he would reply with was. "They just look dead that's all." Next time I am going to ask for the manager and tell him whats going on. I feel soo bad for those poor babies... :cry: