photos of your pet venomous snakes

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by iloveherps, Aug 20, 2005.

1. greydragon12345

greydragon12345 Embryo

what type of permits do you guys have to have hot snakes just wondering about trying to get one if its not to difficult to get the permits

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

It depends where you live. In California, you don't need any permits at all to keep venomous snakes that are native to California (but the permits to keep non-native venomous - cobras, etc. - is nearly impossible to get). In North Carolina, you don't need any permits at all to keep ANY kind of venomous snake. In Florida, you have to have a permit for any kind of venomous reptile (native or not), which requires 1,000hrs minimum experience over a duration of a minimum of 12 months. Without that documented experience, and people willing to vouch for your ability, you might as well not even bother applying.

So, it really does vary from state to state.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. LewsKinslayer0

LewsKinslayer0 Well-Known Member

But that is good, making it hard to get the permit. Otherwise you would get someone who has no idea what they are doing with a hot. And that would never end well.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Yup, I totally agree. FL definitely have the right idea when it comes to hots.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Too bad they wouldn't do this with pet stores wanting to sell reptiles!!!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Xotic-liz-kid

Xotic-liz-kid New Member

today my king snake ate head first and it took him a bit longer than usual to get it totaly in its moulth.

12. Orangemen08

Orangemen08 Member

yea janice i agree and the same thing with large constrictors, i went to pet supplies plus and they had a baby burm in there!!!! I hate to say it but the average pet store shopper doesnt research before they buy and it is often an impulse buy. While they may be "fun" "neat" or "cool" as babies when it gets to 18 feet and you have no experience it becomes a problem....

13. iloveherps

iloveherps Member

great snakes i am glad i stared this topic
    LOL
    Samuel

14. shrap

shrap ReptileBoards Addict

Do pics of ex-wives count??

15. Sacha

Sacha New Member

Shrap you are funny! I think if we started on that one, we may overload the site just with pics of poisonous exes! :D

16. uhh..yeah

uhh..yeah New Member

ROFL thats messed up shrap LOL