PICS OF BEARDIE...

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Mecca, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Dragon_Girl

Dragon_Girl Member

that looks kinda like my beardies salad except bigger chunks.
    -mel

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. A7X

A7X New Member

Mine is 4 years old and 19". He is the coolest beardie. Where did you come up with a name like DUdly

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Mecca

Mecca Member

LOL dudley the dragon..its a kids show being i have 2 kids seemed perfect

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Daggerlover

Daggerlover Well-Known Member

Your dragon is very very awesome Mecca, he's gorgeous and super healthy looking. As for the spring mix you'll want to pick out the spinach leaves - too many spinach can raise his phosphorus level which can cause problems with his body utilizing calcium.
    You should pick up collard or mustard greens to add into the spring mix - spring mix is o-kay, just not as healthy as collards.

Man he certainly is aggressively eating those greens. It's odd to see a dragon eating greens since mine doesn't do it either, LOL.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. A7X

A7X New Member

i used watch that show, i didn't like it very much. I never watched many kids shows, when i was a kid.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Mecca

Mecca Member

tx Dagger!!!! i do pick out the spinach! and also mix dandilion greens and collards it was just was in that particular salad! I still think its so awesome how he Loves his greens considering just a few weeks ago he refused them alot of patience and time spent and well worth it He is stil NUTZo over his crix though lol It means alot to hear you say hes healthy and awesome looking I was so worried Not that long ago...Im going to weigh him again this weekend I know hes put on weight since last. Ive got him trained to deficate outside his enclosure too which is a real bonus less mess and chance of parasites occuring:)

Thanks for all your guys support in making Dudley Happy and healthy

12. nickasouras

nickasouras Member

thats great, i can really see a change in his overall appearance, and he seems very happy.

13. Mecca

Mecca Member

Hey everyone! just a quick question...Do beardies get bored of their food Dudley was aggressivly eating his greens as seen in above pics then the last few days hasnt been wanting to eat very much just nibbles and PRAYS for crix(hahaha thats what Im thinking anyway) I have to walk by to feed my CHAM couldnt figure out why he darted the glass well MR smarty pants knows The cup is FOOD so Ive had to hide it ...he still gets his crix and is absolutly crazy for them But was wondering if its normal for them to not wana eat from time to time or should I be holding out on his crix yet again..Hes only getting 30-40 every three days or so

Thanks for any advice Hopefully we dont regress backwards after all that Work getting him to Finally eat greens

Mecca

14. nickasouras

nickasouras Member

yeah, i think that is normal, mine will eat a whole lot of food one day then for the next couple days hardly eat anything then for a few days eat normaly.

15. Mecca

Mecca Member

HEy everyone! Well Dudley has begun shedding never seen a beadie shed b4 but his arms started first now his One side do they usually shed sparatically?? Other than regular daily soaks is ther anything else I can do to assist it looks uncomfy as hell....how long generally does the whole process take? Also His eating patterns are way different is that normal while they shed as well?? Thanks

Id also like to note I weighed him again yesterday..Last month he was 334 grams yesterday he was 390.8 grams Woohooo Does anyone have a rough estimate of how much a adult male should generally weigh or whats considered a good healthy weight?

HUGZ everyone

16. sk888smooth

sk888smooth Member

Shedding throws off eating patterns and causes them to act weird. It could take 2-3 weeks, but sometimes it finishes up in a week. A bath or spray a day is all he needs.

17. thepogona

thepogona Member

My dragons shed in one day; one piece (most of the time). Easy cleanup for me and beautiful colors for him. its a win-win situation.

18. nickasouras

nickasouras Member

LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

19. Mecca

Mecca Member

LOL mine is sheding in a wierd way arms first half body...Anyway...Nick hes gained 53.5 grams in one month...now weighs 390.8 yippeeeeeee

20. nickasouras

nickasouras Member

wow that is amazing maybe it was just stress from not being fed and nurished in his old home, and he has just overcome it, that is truly an amazing leap.

21. Mecca

Mecca Member

Dang dudley started shedding a few days ago and well hes wierd to say the least...seems his routines are OFF balance and eating as well....Tonight for instance his lights turned off and usually he goes and settles into his blanket but this eveing he was still tearing around an hour past lights...He pooped NOT like HIM and I took him out which calmed him down and went to sleep when i put him back! Is it normal for these beahavioural changes

22. nickasouras

nickasouras Member

yes. shedding for them is sort of like a sunburn for us, it itches it peels, but for them it might/might not hurt. so they will probably stay up late and just rub. although i have never noticed pedro do that except during the day, and i am not down in the basement :cry: to see him at night because i do not go down there when he is asleep. so pedro might do that to, but he takes weeks to do just parts and for him the whole process takes about a month, so he has much longer to shed then most so he is pretty laid back when it is happening. and acctualy he just finished his back on sunday after starting to shed it 2 weeks befroe so his back took thre whole weeks.

23. Mecca

Mecca Member

Hey everyone Its beena lil while... Dudley is just shedding his last bit on his tail but His appetite stil SUCKS barely touches his salads i worked my ass off to get him to eat LOL and doesnt seem wild about supers as for crix he stil loves them but doesnt eat nearly what he used to..Worrys me...Im also noticing that he has his reg poop in the morning then watery stuf later in the day? What could that be??? Ive recently had him tetsed for parasites and hes clean from them!! But whata mess he makes with the runny whitish stuf whata Pain

24. TáriStar

TáriStar Well-Known Member

about 1-3 days after total shed you should see appitite come back.