pics of Harvey, my new veild

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by tcr03, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcr03

tcr03 New Member

i was refering to this imature comment made by you

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Chris_Anderson

Chris_Anderson New Member

And where exactly did I call you a name? Perhaps you need to learn to read? The funniest thing is that you are lecturing anyone on being "juvinile" [sic] and telling them to grow up. I think you need to sit back and reread the thread, you really aren't strengthening your case by pointing the fingure at me for being immature.

Now, more to the point, Could you please answer the following questions for me, or have your friend answer them for me since he's so experienced with this:
    1) What amount of dietary D3 (a measurement, please) is required by an adult male veiled? An Adult female? A subadult? A neonate?
    2) What supplements are used to provide this D3 and what quantity is given per unit?
    3) How do you intend to determine the amount of supplement dusted on each feeder provided to your cham?
    4) How do you intend to adjust to varying levels of supplements on the feeders when they are eaten?
    5) How much can you afford to be off with the D3 supplements without risking toxic overdose or MBD causing underdose?
    6) What measures are going to be used to ensure that you are on track with your supplements?

I invite you to actually discuss your intentions, rather than pedel around it.

Chris

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. tcr03

tcr03 New Member

ok, at the moment i use chameleon dust made by sandfire ranch. i use it every time i feed. thats what it is for. i will be using other sorces of calcium that dont contain d3, and other multivitamins. but for now all i use is the chameleon dust. its suposed to be a complete diet. it has everything the cham needs, so im told by allen.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. brittone05

brittone05 Well-Known Member

TCR - it seems everything you say is the words of other people - you should really be relying on more than 1 source of information for the care requirements of your cham. Your friend may have been keeping chams for a long time but he is only part of a VERY smll minority group that do not use UVB. Most people don't use it because they don't really care that thier animals require it to remain healthy. I dust my chams foods etc but would not keep him without a UVB tube - every shred of literature I have ever read about captive chams says they require a good source of UVB to stay healthy and prevent MBD - maybe you should be sourcing out information and facts that back up your friends claims about the advantages of not using proper lighting?!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

There's really nothing more that needs to be said here so I'm locking the topic now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.