~Pics of my Bearded dragon spike

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by PitsNherps, Feb 28, 2007.

1. PitsNherps

PitsNherps Well-Known Member

Her are some pictures of my Beardie Spike!
    Im not sure how much he weighs but hes only about a year or more old.
    Oh the heat rock in his cage is turned off it gets warm by the heat lamp in there.
    Does anybody know what phase he is?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. beezneez

beezneez Member

Nice looking beardie! I like the 5th pic because he is looking into the camera lol

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. PitsNherps

beardie

Thanks.I love how the look *One side or the other lol!
    Sorry his water looks dirty.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. LeoLady

LeoLady Member

RE: beardie

Not sure what phase (I'm no good with that stuff). But he is one pretty beardie, that's for sure.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. PitsNherps

beardie

Thank you!
    I hope to get a baby in the future though because some of these beardy time lines are awesome I would love to see mine change.
    I have only had him since 2 weeks before X-mas

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. corey

corey Well-Known Member

Great pictures of em'! Thanks!

Corey

12. RobertII

RobertII Well-Known Member

Very Nice.. I like pic #1 looks like hes trying to pounce on something that might be coming threw the log.

13. Under_Cuver

Under_Cuver New Member

I dont like the set up. You should have more hides then that + branches for it so it can get closer to the light.

14. PitsNherps

tanks

Thanks for the comments!
    I have looked everywhere to find good hides and branches that are big enough for him and I dont really have any luck.

15. Under_Cuver

Under_Cuver New Member

RE: tanks

Well with a little imagination, you could build a couple of wooden box's for him. Or you could buy some rubber made countainers and cut holes big enough for him to get in and out. I know your not suppost to do this but if you have a conservation area near you house looking for unique branches in their is great. Also on the shorline of beaches and taking a walk in a forest will satisfy anyones branch needs.

16. RobertII

RobertII Well-Known Member

If you want to go and point out things that are wrong then talk about an issue that has to do with the health of the beardie.
    I found 3 things wrong.
    1. Red Light -Change to a normal white light.
    2. Heat Rock- Needs to be unpuged and cord cut off. Beardies cant regulate heat threw their stomach so a possibility of your beardie burning up its insides.
    3. Water dish- I dont agree with because it turns into a bacteria pool and it will cause high humidity.

constructive criticism helps

PitsNherps- It looks fine just fix the 3 things I pointed out.
    Your beardie looks great!

17. PitsNherps

beardie

Yes I probably could but I hoping to get him a bigger encloser sometime..That one is really big in person though.
    Hes a big male he likes to sit on his rock and bask or his wood hide thats about it..
    Theres around 10 feet of snow so I cant go and walk lol im also alittle scared of the parasites that might be in the branches.

18. reptile_Enthusiast

reptile_Enthusiast New Member

Well, If you find branches it's always good to soak and then cook (place in an oven at a certain temp for so long) the branches, That would ensure you kill all the parasites...

19. Tux

Tux Well-Known Member

also maybe get some background to cover the back and sides, it helps them feel more comfortable and cuts down on reflection of themselves which can make em think theirs another bd in there.

20. PitsNherps

branches

Thanks..
    I was thinking of boiling but hes really big and the branches I would get for him im hoping he could sit on them and I dont know how I would boil a branch that big but I will keep my eye out..

I have been looking for a neat background for a bit..Theres only water ones at the petland Im waiting till they get like a forest or something in..
    Is he just a normal morpth?

21. munchkin

munchkin Member

I'm going to sit on the fence...
    As long as there are enough hides, branches etc & the beardie can get close enough to the heat source to bask- any extra is down to personal choice.
    Simple enclosures are not lazy- again it's just personal choice. Simple enclosures can be more hygenic & easier to clean, but more complicated enclosures can look nicer & give the beardie more "things" to look at & climb on etc.
    Water bowl- again down to personal choice. Alot of beardies won't drink from standing water anyway & a water bowl can raise the humidity too high (some people just choose to mist their dragons or drip water on their noses for drinking). But on the other hand in a well ventilated enclosure humidity might not be a problem, or you may have a beardie that does choose to drink from a bowl or soak in it.

Anyway what I was going to ask about before reading these posts... lol

Those are some awsome fat pads on his head! What & how much is he eating?

22. PitsNherps

beardie

The water looks dirty in the pic for some reason I change it everyday.He does like to have a soak in it once and while and I also see him drink from it sometimes..

Hes big and fat he doesn't do awhole lot so I thought a simple encloser would be best.He is most active when he does his glass dance and when he chases crickets lol..

He eats around 25 superworms everyday plus his veggies he gets crickets 2 times aweek and eats about 10 each time..Im not sure of his weight but hes a big boy!

23. TáriStar

TáriStar Well-Known Member

Yavie's tank is bare nighttime essentials (her hide/Basking area) and a branch. I keep her out with me a lot so she doesn't need much. tank setup is all up to the individual.

And guys, stop or take the argument to PMs. This is PitsNherps thread and therefore it should remain theirs.

I <3 how healthy your beardie looks.

Personally I'd rather Bathe Yavie than have a water bowl. In the wild unless their territory includes a river or pond beardies aren't coming into contact with natural water and when they do it is running/constantly being exchanged. There are many wild animals that can live without water and if you are feeding your beardie greens then it is getting water right there. Another alternative is misting. Buy a spray bottle from the dollar store (NEVER use one that had or possibly had chemicals in it) and spray your beardie on a daily basis. Many beardies will lick water beads off the sides of the tank! its adorable.

I do recommend ditching the red light. Beardies see in the red spectrum and the light if left on at night will bother him. I'd trade it in for a ceramic heat emitter, can be left on all day and all night!

24. LeoLady

LeoLady Member

Under Cuver, I think Robert was just trying to tell you that your first comment seemed harsh, as I thought when I first saw it, while not being particularly productive. And since PitsNherps really was just sharing pictures, and not asking for criticism, it did seem unnecessary.

These forums are designed to help people with their herps, share pictures of your animals, and things along those lines. It is really just inappropriate to try and contradict someone just for the sake of arguing with them.

Let's just remember, constructive criticism and civility is most important. I'd hate to have to see a mod break up yet another argument.
    And I agree, PitsNherps, for a larger beardie, it could be cumbersome for him if his enclosure was too complicated. He looks very healthy to me, and I still think he's such a cutie!! I'd love to see more pictures!

25. PitsNherps

beardie

Thanks!Hes a big bug lol.
    I will take out the water dish my cat likes to go in there and drink out of it anyway.That way he will have more room and when I find a good peice of bark he will have room!
    Yes I have heard the red light is not good..My house white lights are very high heat.How much does a ceramic heat emitter cost?What watt should I buy could you give me more information thanks.

Here is my cat in the tank.! She doesn't hurt him and he doesn't mind lol
    But I think I will buy a screen top to be safe.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]