Pics of my uros (dialup warning!)

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by Pat, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Pat

Pat New Member

[​IMG]
    This is bruno, my late mali uromastyx, he sadly passed away a few months ago due to blister disease, if you ever see a blister or sore on your uro PLEAE take it to the vet, by the time i got there it was too late
    [​IMG]
    This is mollie, my mali that i still have (I know, not a very original name). She was my first pet lizard (excluding the ones that i caught outside) and i have now had her for over 2 years.
    [​IMG]
    This is a picture of mollie when i first got her 2 years ago, she was under 3 inches long!
    [​IMG]
    This is ekundu moto my saharan uromastyx that i got from ronnie at www.cricketfood.com. The above picture is a beli shot that ronnie took, and the rest are pictures i have taken since i got him in mayof 04
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The above image had a flash and definitely made him seem brighter th an he is, you can tell by the red tint to my hans. The rest of the photos are a good color representation
    [​IMG]
    Hope you enjoyed my pics :) ( I have more pictures of my mali, but i figured this was enough for now)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. GhettoGecko

GhettoGecko New Member

cute pics =), i wanna know where did u get your leash at???

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Pat

Pat New Member

Petsmart (i would never buy an animal from them though)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. hairlikeafox

hairlikeafox New Member

Yah, i bought a leash for my Mali from there, but i have to wait for him to grow into it LOL.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

they are gorgeous! i really want a uro badly now. what would you say is a better one the Mali or the Saharan?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Oscar

Oscar Member

Love the colors on that URO, very nice.... they have to have the best tails in the world!

Cory

12. Advent

Advent Member

Klik, I'd go with a Mali or Ornate. They're most friendly, if you're like me and that's what you're looking for. Saharan has best color though ofcourse.

13. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Orantes have pretty nice color too And are very friendly little buggers! :wink:

Kinda expensive though, like $200-300. I was doing some research on them cause I wanted one real bad. Actually a Uro is one of the first pet herps I've ever wanted, just too expensive ;)

VERY nice Uro's pat! CAn't believe my eyes! That Saharan could blind someone with its color! Great pics!

14. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

my sister is willing to take care of my herps, but i am planning on getting an apartment by the college instead of dorming.

15. Pat

Pat New Member

okay, just changed my signature to include a link to my uromastyx webcam in it, so all of you click on it to check it out :smile: (most of the color is washed out by the heat lamp :cry: )

16. Advent

Advent Member

Is your saharan friendly?

17. Pat

Pat New Member

He is a fairly new addition, so no
    I got him back in may of 04, and he will still thrash and squirm when i pick him up, but then calm down after a minute, he has never hissed at or bit me.

18. cap\'n_falcon222

cap\'n_falcon222 Embryo

I got a harness from there, but my uro does not like that thing at all.........

19. Pat

Pat New Member

yeah, the harness is evil in the uros eyes and takes FOREVER to get on, but once i get him outside he completely forgets about it and runs around like he has nothing on him. (the harness is for his safety, I dont have it so i can "walk" my uro around)

20. TeguFan

TeguFan New Member

I love your uros. I have been looking into one for a long time. How long does it take them to become full grown? And how big of a cage do they need?

21. UroLover

UroLover New Member

love the colors and him on the harness is CUTE.

UroLover