Pics of the kids!

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by MimC, Oct 13, 2008.

1. MimC

MimC Moderator

Just wanted to post a couple pics of my corns and my bairds ratsnake :) The corns are getting older and all of the sudden seem to be HUGE...I had to share!

[​IMG]

This is my Blood Red Corn, Virus...when he was a few months old. He came from Don S at South Mountain Reptiles and he has been an awesome snake...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is him now, 3 years later...quite a remarkable change..its been fun watching the patterns fade, he is almost all red now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my 4yr old Reverse Okeetee corn Autumn, from Kathy Love. She is super active and its hard to get any shots of her.

[​IMG]

My juvi Bairds Ratsnake (metallic ratsnake) Malachy. This little guy is getting GORGEOUS. I cant get him to hold still for good pictures, but his colors are amazing, as he grows his patterns fade and the orange/yellow/red that is peeping out behind his scales is incredible intense!!!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. bruno

bruno Moderator

Your blood is absolutely gorgeous, so are the other two.
    Funny how they suddenly become huge, living with them daily you dont notice it, then BANG they are big.....lol
    Obviously well cared for snakes.
    Well done.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. MimC

MimC Moderator

Thanks Bruno!

It is funny...it happened with Autumn a year ago, and just happened with Virus today! I took him out and was like "holy crap he's not a juvi anymore!" haha...its fun watching them grow up - i still get to watch Malachy grow up!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Daggerlover

Daggerlover Well-Known Member

They're all beautiful Mim!
    My little Rayna (Ghost cross) used to be dark, very grey, and now she's a light brown/pink with yellow sides (that's her cross, can't remember amelanistic?)! It's amazing how much they change, even with strong bloodlines you just have to see the parents to know how they'll turn out.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Xalia

Xalia Embryo

Thanks for the photos! I got a baby bloodred last october and wondered what the stages of color change are. Your snakes are stunning.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. MimC

MimC Moderator

Thank you!

You have some wonderful colors to look forward to with your bloodred!

12. Syd

Syd New Member

they're beautiful snakes! it's amazing how fast they grow, i just had my corn out the other day and it was like, o my god how'd you get so big so fast! lol :unsure:

13. MimC

MimC Moderator

its definately fun to watch them grow...I have a young ratsnake right now and he is growing like a weed!!! Soon i will be picking up a motley butter, an abbotts and a striped amel from SMR (i hope!) so i will have tons more snakes to watch grow, yay!

14. Crazy4Herps

Crazy4Herps Hooked on Reptiles

Gorgeous!

15. unrealjill

unrealjill Well-Known Member

Very nice Mim, look forward to seeing photos of the new additions soon too.