Pic's

Discussion in 'Boas' started by VinnyD, May 4, 2009.

1. Ryan1990

Ryan1990 Well-Known Member

Ok thanks :D its starting to make sense lol. Sorry if I seem a bit slow on this.
    So basically the phrase red tail, is the subspecies not how it actually looks, as I've been told before it is just a trait and they are all common boa's so this is where my confusion came from. Are the differences between the subspecies noticable? Or is it had to tell one from another? Is there any chance you could tell me which mine is, as it was sold to me as a redtail but starting to think it may not be a true red tail. Heres the link http://www.reptilerooms.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64093.
    One last queston... can the subspecies breed with eachother?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

mantaff (it means cool and stunning! :D :D)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. bruno

bruno Moderator

Hi Ryan,
    I fairly certain you have a BCI, common boa, just happens to have a very red tail.
    Most captive bred boa's on sale are BCI's but sellers often say "Red Tail" just to bump price up.
    In the wild where different species "overlap" it is possible they may interbreed but I can't confirm that.
    People do cross breed and it ruins the genetic traits unfortunately, only the serious breeders make sure they use true BCC's.