Pics

Discussion in 'Other Colubrids' started by Belletair, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Belletair

Belletair New Member

Finally got some pics of my newest guy, the cali king.

Getting them uploaded is a chore (us dial up users are still out here...), but hey... here they are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This guy... I'm telling you, he's almost a better eater than my one corn, and I never thought I'd say that. He eats like a pig. lulz

For the record, this is my first king. I've always been a python/boa kind of guy, and wasn't planning on buying any more colubrids... but I went to the expo a month ago or so and saw this guy... and took him home. I fell for a king snake, so sue me. :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Gorgeous = )

I think this is probably one of my first posts in the forbidden snake forum zone, but I saw this pic and had to comment. That is a very pretty snake, and I've seriously considered getting one at almost every show I've been to. Something about the cali kingsnake, they are my favorite colubrid by far. I LOVE the colors on your little guy, and the amount of white on the head and the uniform bands...very nice snake you have there. Thanks for sharing!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Belletair

Belletair New Member

Thanks man. :)

Yeah, his colors are near perfection for a king. Throw in he's one of the best eaters I've yet had, there's not a mark (deform) on his body... and he's taming down quickly, and you've got a snake that's pretty darn awesome. ^_^

He was the only "banded" cali king at the expo, which may have had something to do with me taking him home.

Thanks for the comments. :)

Also, if you're tempted to get into the snake world ever... from what I can tell so far, a king would be a good choice. He's pretty easy to care for. *thumbs up*