Picture of my Tokay

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by Zeuse, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Zeuse

Zeuse New Member

Just wanted to share a picture of my tokay with you! I have a male and a female and they are both very nice! They only bit if I squeze their belly. I can study with my male for three hours with him on my shoulder and he will just sit there! I am really lucky to have such good pets! I'll have more pictures soon!

[​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Tokaylove

Tokaylove Member

that is soo cool to see such a friendly tokay, he is beautiful. did you get them tame or just lots of handling and now they are nice?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Zeuse

Zeuse New Member

I got the male about 2 months before the female but they are both from the wild and they both stayed together from beginning at the pet shop. The male was not to tame in the beginning but not to agresive either. A lot of handling and he became a real good fella. The female was stressed a bit in the beginning and was very thin. Once again handling a good care and now she is really nice and fat! Ill post pictures when I can but I can only upload 3 per day!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. JessicaE

JessicaE New Member

Your tokay is beautiful, I definitely want a tokay gecko in the near future.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

wow what a pretty tokay!! your sooo lucky to be able to have them on your shoulder lol!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Reptile_Mann

Reptile_Mann New Member

Nice tokay, it looked exactly like mine.

12. Spacey

Spacey New Member

I am SO jealous! Mine barely comes out of her hut to say hello and yours is hanging out with you on your shoulder! SO COOL!

What a cutie! Looking forward to more pics…

13. Zeuse

Zeuse New Member

Well my tokays are always hiding during the day but at night I can often see them in the window or just chillin il the middle of the tank. They wont let me take the easily lol, I need to catch them first but if I donMt squeze them they don't get mad. Once they are in my hand I can pet them and after a while thay usually go on my shoulder or on my back. I got other really good pictures but they are too big and I don't have any programs to fix them up sorry. :D

14. NoisyJoisy

NoisyJoisy New Member

my tokay catching procedure has been kinda chaotic.... i deff dont want to stress the little guy out, whats the best way for you to catch yours?

15. Zeuse

Zeuse New Member

Well I take out his hide cause he will always go back in it. Then if he is too afraid and he stand till I slowly take him under the belly without closing my hand completely on him, just with the finger under his belly and sometimes he will stay in my hand. When he just runs everywhere I bother him till I can get him in a position where I can push him gentily in my hand with my other one. Just putting you rhand in front of him and trying to touch his tail he will often jump in it lol :D they are so crazy. The other way to catch him is by grabbing him but the neck without hesitating. If you hesistates he wil bit. I is really hard to do cause they are so fast. Well I wish you good luck cause it takes a lot of practice but gloves are always a good option when trying to pick them up in the beginning. That way you are less scared and the gecko can feel that. You will also hesitate less and he will feel more secure!

16. Zeuse

Zeuse New Member

Well I take out his hide cause he will always go back in it. Then if he is too afraid and he stand till I slowly take him under the belly without closing my hand completely on him, just with the finger under his belly and sometimes he will stay in my hand. When he just runs everywhere I bother him till I can get him in a position where I can push him gentily in my hand with my other one. Just putting you rhand in front of him and trying to touch his tail he will often jump in it lol :D they are so crazy. The other way to catch him is by grabbing him but the neck without hesitating. If you hesistates he wil bit. I is really hard to do cause they are so fast. Well I wish you good luck cause it takes a lot of practice but gloves are always a good option when trying to pick them up in the beginning. That way you are less scared and the gecko can feel that. You will also hesitate less and he will feel more secure!

17. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

thats awesome!!! i'm so jealous but i'm gonna get there one day too!! I got my hand under her chest but then she just jumped to the other side of the tank. no barks or bites though so we are doing good. I have decided to leave her be for a few days but will probably start up again tomorrow. cool pic!!!!!!!! and nice gecko

18. geckonewbie

geckonewbie New Member

nice to see its tame

19. Alive_At_Night

Alive_At_Night Embryo

My Tokay is Much, MUCH darker... he is almost a brown color.. :) and he is my little hardcore gangster :)