Pictures of your enclosures

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by 00luke00, Mar 26, 2007.

1. unrealjill

unrealjill Well-Known Member

so luke where are the photos of your anole enclosure?? lol

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Our anoles are staying with friends for a few months, seeing as i'm expecting babies from a pregnant corn i got left with, and i desperatly needed some space for the babies! They will be back with us in a few months though. I miss them to pieces.. can't say i miss those chirping crix though LOL!! I've got a couple of old pics though, somewhere in my photobucket account. Lemme see:

Ok heres one from AGEEEES ago.. it was when i first started keeping anoles.. so it's not great, but here goes;

[​IMG]

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. 00luke00

By the way, that thermometer you see is literally super glued onto the tank. I don't use it, i use a digi one w/ a probe. it's an aquarium i got for free which i converted.. hey it beats paying £70 for a viv don't it :D

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. unrealjill

unrealjill Well-Known Member

this is true.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. midgetmunky13

midgetmunky13 Member

oooo poor jar jar...

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. DragonTU84

DragonTU84 Embryo

Heh, well at least your set-up is better than my first enclosure from when I was 13...I probably have pics of it somewhere, yet most of the pics I have of back then are of the anoles themselves running around my basement, lol. I let them out to play, and they used to love that. I'd just let them roam a little bit, but keeping an eye on where they went. Most of those were from pet stores that sold CB anoles. And most of the pet stores (like PetsMart) sell Captive Bred ones around here. :wink:

12. 00luke00

Ah right, most rep shops in England get them imported as far as i know, CB anoles are somewhat of a rarity here :(

13. DragonTU84

DragonTU84 Embryo

Yeah, well I think Petco gets all theirs wild-caught. When PetsMart gets theirs in, they are usually TINY little things!! And they only get a few at a time, depending on how much the breeder sends them. So I can def. tell they are captive bred.

14. 00luke00

That's great having the oppertunity to purchase CB anoles. Some of the WC ones i've had in the past never adjust properly to captivity. I'd be interested to see how the life span varies within WC & CB specimens.

15. DragonTU84

DragonTU84 Embryo

Yes, I tend to notice that also. But I purchased a few anoles at Petco and a few at PetsMart. Both specimins seem to be doing just fine. I am not entirely certain if the ones at Petco are indeed WC or if any are CB, because they adjusted quickly to their captive environment. They even occassionally like being hand-fed their food, particularly one female from Petco. Yet I tried purchasing another female at Petco, and she seemed awefully flighty and afraid of her enclosure. She seemed like she longed for freedom, where my anoles are more content in their enclosure than out in my apartment or anywhere else. So maybe they get a mix there of CB and WC anoles?? I do not know for sure, it was merely a guess.

16. fishkill

fishkill Embryo

i have a 75 gallon tank for all 5 of my anoles but im haveing a hard time putting on the pix :<

17. fishkill

fishkill Embryo

i have a 75 gallon tank fr all 5 of my anole i have 4 girls and 1 boy but cant put my pixs on i still trying :<

18. DragonTU84

DragonTU84 Embryo

You could always upload an image onto a server like Photobucket, then when posting a new message use the Img tag/button after pasting and highlighting the url to your image.

19. scalegirl

scalegirl New Member

were do you guys get your tanks

20. 00luke00

Hey, next time please start your own thread. Tanks can be obtained from many petstores, or thru garage sales, craigslist (assuming you're from the US) or ebay.

21. scalegirl

scalegirl New Member

sorry :cry: :cry:

22. 00luke00

No worries, it's just threads can go off topic easily, and that's something we like to refrain from. At least you know now for next time :wink:

23. Barnacle06

Barnacle06 New Member

[​IMG]
    one air plant in my tank
    [​IMG]
    heres the latest air plant
    [​IMG]
    baby night vision #1
    [​IMG]
    baby night vision #2 notice baby #3's tail hanging down lol
    [​IMG]
    theres my big boy!