Pictures of your leo cage

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by GeckoLover13, Jun 20, 2005.

1. skorpac

skorpac Embryo

:D
    Floor is aquarium sand(almost dark) sizes 3-5mm. On front of terrarium is Peat whit this sand. Peat is here because humidity. Peat have good PH, bacteria and plesan don't like the Peat

I don't show how this terarium look sooth .... in Live is more better look :)

:)

2. reptiles9087

reptiles9087 Embryo

yeh y not?? lol i know this post was ages ago but i want to show off my new setup. dont say anything bout the sand! also the newspaper hide in the right coner is now painted and i have removed the wood due to it sheding everywhere ;) so anywayz im really excited coz im getting my geckos in december ( it is now november where i live) im getting a pair of 1 week old u.millis ( thick tailed geckos) and i will most defenently have TONNES of pics up of my little bubz ( they will be my first reptiles ! ) :) so anyway here it is::::

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq38/izo111/PA140024.jpg

mmm so i hope you like it!!

thanks

izz

3. GeckoMan18

GeckoMan18 Embryo

Here is my cage.

Its a 20 gallon long and houses two geckos.

IMGP2859.JPG

IMGP2860.JPG

IMGP2861.JPG

Thoughts??

4. geckonewbie

geckonewbie Embryo

thats really nice but kinda high sometimes leos are dumb and walk off ledges lol

5. GeckoMan18

GeckoMan18 Embryo

6. reptiles9087

reptiles9087 Embryo

what do u guys think of my tank???

7. GeckoMan18

GeckoMan18 Embryo

I think it looks great. Obviously you have considered the risks of using sand and are ok with it. But i think it looks really
    nice. One question, how do u plan to heat it?

8. reptiles9087

reptiles9087 Embryo

I have a heat mat which will be controled by a thermostat and i also have a hunting lite ( purple ) and it gives off heat. Though heating isn't to much of a problem coz my room gets up to 30 degrees and above it mite even be to hot!!! So then i mite have to coooollll my room :) hehe

Thanks for the comment i havnt had many and i really appreciate them.

9. Natureluver

Natureluver New Member

Though, I dunno if it's to good to be using sand. I love your setup besides that. It looks much bigger than a 10g.

10. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator Staff Member

That's not sand, that's tiles on the bottom and making the walls and ledges. It's a pretty sick tank :D

11. That tank is awsome, very nice job

12. Al00

Al00 Embryo

This is Paul's current setup. The background is custom made, he spends most of his day sitting on the higher rock slabs.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

StikyPaws312 likes this.
  13. Cower

Cower Embryo

These are my geckos tanks:

[​IMG]
    This is Leonardo's tank, which is 20 gallons and has slate tiles as the substrate, but since they're small, i want to get a few larger tiles for the warm side. And the skull outside the tank just sort of ended up there..

[​IMG]
    And this is Apollo's tank, and it's 10 gallons and i'm using paper towels. I've been thinking of adding some kind of level/floors thing that he could climb around on, to make up for the less space he has, but I'm not quite sure of what to do for that.

14. StikyPaws312

Al00 nice rock wall! And Cower the tiles look really good in the 20gal, I like tile best, quick and cheap and sanitary, lol, and you can look into building a rock wall for the 10 gal, those help with vertical extra space...

15. StikyPaws312

Oh my goodness I looked for this thread forever! Just thought I'd sticky it for everyone's reference :) Enjoy!

electrofelt likes this.
  16. i got a ten gal mat a petsmart in columbus for around 10 bucks

17. Sunnyfayee

Sunnyfayee Embryo

Mine is completely different but, easy to setup

Attached Files:

18. Sunnyfayee

Sunnyfayee Embryo

I take a piece of toilet paper and just pick the poop up, you can buy scoopers too from any pet store

19. StikyPaws312

That's a crazy tank but it looks awesome! How big is it? It seems like it would be better suited for an arboreal gecko but still and awesome looking tank!

20. Sunnyfayee

Sunnyfayee Embryo

It is about 15 gallons, looks smaller in the picture! My leopard gecko loves it :) He climbs up the rocks and loves the water hole.