Pictures of your leo cage

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by GeckoLover13, Jun 20, 2005.

1. unrealjill

unrealjill Well-Known Member

i know what you mean - until I started coming onto this forum I had fully intended to keep Pickle in the same tank with much the same decoration for life! Now, week by week, I'm buying little things to make him a new enclosure from scratch. It's still a long way off but i get new ideas everytime people put up photos. :D

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

lol me too!! my poor geckos, every week I have a new idea, I am trying to introduce changes slowly as not to keep them in a constant state of change, lol.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. unrealjill

ooo new photo of herman jay?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. OrrG

OrrG Embryo

Just 2 females in there now, looking for another 40 gram or so albino to join them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. mike9i1

mike9i1 New Member

orrg, thats pretty cool, how many hides do u have in there? lol,is the cactus in there real? i had one in with mine and its like dead now, lol, its turning a really dark green

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. lejohn_james_23

lejohn_james_23 Embryo

Egg, that is a sweet set-up, I saw that on Kingsnake. I was just wondering how big is your tank and what materials did you use for the stairs and scond level? Also where can I get the material? Thanks a lot.

12. Chronofire

Chronofire New Member

Wow! I love your set-up OrrG! How did you make the steps?

13. lejohn_james_23

lejohn_james_23 Embryo

When I said egg, I meant Orrg, sorry about that.

14. OrrG

OrrG Embryo

It's a 40 breeder. I made the steps out of some 6 x 6 tiles from home depot and used some really strong epoxy called plastic fusion to hold them to the glass. It comes in a syringe and you just mix the two parts together and it holds after a couple of minutes. I turned the tank on it's side and let them set over night. This stuff is really strong. The more adventurous of the two likes to climb up there at night.

15. Chronofire

Chronofire New Member

If I could get a tank big enough in my room at this time, I'd make that. It's really nice. :D

16. tyler_mtb

tyler_mtb New Member

17. unrealjill

tyler do you have two leos in there? only it looks a little small for two... could just be my warped sense of scale, mind!

18. tyler_mtb

tyler_mtb New Member

I have one baby leo and one central american banded. The banded was a free rescue from petco, but i am about to take it back because i am not comfortable with having two.. plus the leo will eat him in a couple of months. Its sad though, they get along very well. I suppose disease is an issue too.

19. unrealjill

ah yes, i remember now lol but at the end of the day its what is best for both animals. nice set up though

20. retnuh2010

retnuh2010 Member

KENDERGIRL THAT IS COOLEST CAGE I EVER SAW :)

21. brendywendy

brendywendy Well-Known Member

a few updated pics of my set up as it is now:
    from the left:
    water dish,toilet slate, 2 log hides, 1 damp hide, 1 small plastic hide in the corner, large rock with two holes, with plastic tube tunnel behind....also one reptile hammock a hands breadth above the floor in the corner you cant see.
    [​IMG]

then stacked rock cave large fossil, flat fossil slate, stacked marble steps,digging tray
    [​IMG]

digging tray itself:
    with coconut hide, and tube tunnels
    [​IMG]

and in the corner:

log tube, plastic shelf, rocks, and plastic cave
    [​IMG]

22. retnuh2010

retnuh2010 Member

8) KENDERGIRL could you send me a pm on how you did that 8)

23. wlowell05

wlowell05 Member

my other leo tanks... recently, well a month ago, updated.

[​IMG]

24. brendywendy

brendywendy Well-Known Member

wow, theyre cool looking moulded stone looking thingys
    how do you make those?

25. wlowell05

wlowell05 Member

polystyrene foam to make the basic shape, foam in a can for extra hardness and added shape, 3-4 layers of grout, 3-4 layers of acrylic bases sealant. and a little sand on the last grout layer and the first sealant layer for added texture. the tanks are still misisng a little something, but i just cant put my finger on it. any suggestions? i have another tank posted previously on the thread.