Pictures of your leo cage

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by GeckoLover13, Jun 20, 2005.

1. bandedgecko

bandedgecko Well-Known Member

here you go you little egg...lol

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. waterfaller1

waterfaller1 Member

Awesome set-ups..the ones I can see anyway :) {lots of red-x's here}.
    Where do you get the background pictures?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. hazrdousthoughts

hazrdousthoughts Embryo

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Fryd

Fryd New Member

[​IMG]

It's changed alittle sine this picture, but for the most part its the same

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. SyntheticPLSTIC

SyntheticPLSTIC New Member

[​IMG]

ill be gettin a better view soon

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. cuppa

cuppa New Member

What type og glue is used to glue the slate pieces together?
    Thanks....these are gorgeous tanks!!

12. Fryd

Fryd New Member

aquarium sealent/silcone I'd imagine

13. mofacadi

mofacadi New Member

AWSOME set ups great job!

14. cuppa

cuppa New Member

BrendyWendy:
    This is awesome!!
    Just wondering, where did you get the tunnels? Also, what substrate did you use for the digging tray?

15. SyntheticPLSTIC

SyntheticPLSTIC New Member

16. Kendergirl

Kendergirl Member

yea. it's 100& clear silicone. Just let it dry/cure for 48 hours before introducing the leo.

17. cuppa

cuppa New Member

TY ;)

18. Aden

Aden New Member

[​IMG]

Heres my tank for Fatboy and Slim, im using repti sand atm because sadly its the only thing i can get hold of until my local retile store gets some moss in stock, but i havent run into any problems and the guy at my local shop has been using it for 2 years with his geckos and they look perfectly healthy to me. I dont wanna put slate in there, it will spoil my setup for them hehe, most likely get some moss if they ever get it in stock.

The heatmat on the wall i placed to cover up a cold spot, now my tank maintains the correct temperatures, 75-80 air temps, 90-95 substrate temps.

The two pots are front : Water, and back : meal worms.

As you can see Fatboy is actually hunting a crix, which is round the back of the log hehe, slim is under the log.

Any advice on anything extra i should add to my tank?

19. Aden

Aden New Member

Oh and i forgot, the perspex i siliconed in was there so i could clean my tank easier, since the wood it tends to rot eventually when washing it. I found this out when i kept my toads once, so to stop it happening i just made a little watertight encloseure to fit in the bottom, and the silicone is what is used in tanks but this isnt the clear sort. I made sure it was healthy for them, plus its been curing for about 3 months before i got these fellas hehe.

20. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

I hate to say it Aden, but you need to read up on some caresheets on keeping leos.
    http://www.reptilerooms.com/Sections+index...es-secid-2.html
    First couple of things...
    No particulate substrate, especially not moss. They'll ingest some of it, become impacted, and possibly die. That reptisand has killed many leos before, and will kill again. Moss will just raise humidity (which causes respiratory infections), harbor bacteria, and provide a nice hiding place for all kinds of things.
    You also need to get some hides in there. 1 on the hot side, 1 on the cold, and a humid hide on the hot side.
    If your hot side temps are really 90-93, that's a great start. What are you measuring them with?
    Are fatboy and slim both males? If they are, and they're together, expect some serious fights and for at least 1 to have major health problems.
    So give those care sheets a quick read, and feel free to ask any specific questions you may have.

21. zenreptiles

zenreptiles New Member

I love the hamster tunnels! I would have never thought of that! There's a lot of really nice setups!

[​IMG]
    This is my recent one. I've ordered some little fake cacti to put in there and then it will be magnifico! My little ones live in here, Tenchi and Ayeka.

[​IMG]
    This is my other one that is housing my adults, Trixie and Snickers. Well, temporarily housing Trixie, because she's got another enclosure in progress and a new bf coming in March.

22. bratspets

bratspets Member

23. opy01

opy01 Well-Known Member

Cuppa, I recomend to not glue your tiles. If you want to remove them to clean them you need them easy to get out. When my guy goes poo I can just pull out one tile and clean it then put it back. Then when it is time for a major cleaning you can pull them one at a time and it is extremely convenient(just my opinion though).

24. Grindzewall

Grindzewall New Member

the tubes are hamster tubes by the look of it. i used to have a hamster with a cage ontop of my wardrobe and tubes stuck to the ceiling went around my whole room, it was cool but cost bout £100 and took a while to work it all out.

just a quick q, does slate go well with an UTH? does it let all the heat through etc?

25. retnuh2010

retnuh2010 Member

I'd like to see something like that.