Pictures!

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by Heika, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Heika

Heika Moderator

Nothing like a few pictures to change the subject! Let's see your chams! Here are a few of my group:

Spencer the panther:

[​IMG]

A few of the brevs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Heika

Heika Moderator

Hmm.. funny. I just realized that all the brev pictures show them running from the camera.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Drewnyc

Drewnyc New Member

cool pics, how many Brev's do you have? i gotta go to work now but i'll post pics when i get home
    drew

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Chris_Anderson

Chris_Anderson New Member

Here are a few photos of some of my chams.

Baby Calumma p. parsonii female:
    [​IMG]

Unknown sex Calumma p. parsonii:
    [​IMG]

Female Bradypodion spinosum:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Male Bradypodion uthmoelleri:
    [​IMG]

Female Bradypodion uthmoelleri:
    [​IMG]

Female Chamaeleo (Trioceros) affinis:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CB Subadult Chamaeleo (Trioceros) melleri:
    [​IMG]

Brookesia therezieni:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brookesia superciliairis:
    [​IMG]

Brookesia thieli:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy!

Chris

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

great lookin chams guys. Heika can you give me a site with a good caresheet for the brevs, those are pygmy chams right?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Heika

Heika Moderator

I have 11 of the little guys, and hopefully a few more in about a month. I have several eggs incubating too!

Lordy, looking at your pictures is like looking at my chameleon wish list.. for when I grow up and really know what I am doing! Your parsonii are absolutely stunning, as are the rest of them!

Heika

12. Chris_Anderson

13. Heika

Heika Moderator

Sure, I would be happy to. Yes, these are pygmies. My largest is only about three inches.

There are a couple of articles on Chameleon News written by "Roo" that are very good, and will get you started in the right direction.

http://www.chameleonnews.com/brevcare.html
    http://www.chameleonnews.com/stumphabitat.html

Heika

14. Chris_Anderson

Well, as promised, here are a few more from my collection. This isn't every species I keep or every indivual but it should provide some eye candy.

Female Furcifer lateralis major:
    [​IMG]

Male Chamaeleo (Trioceros) wiedersheimi wiedersheimi:
    [​IMG]

Gravid female Chamaeleo (Trioceros) hoehnelii:
    [​IMG]

Male Chamaeleo (Trioceros) montium:
    [​IMG]

Male Chamaeleo (Trioceros) quadricornis quadricornis:
    [​IMG]

Gravid female Chamaeleo (Trioceros) quadricornis gracilior:
    [​IMG]

Angry male Chamaeleo (Trioceros) quadricornis gracilior:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy!

Chris

15. Heika

Heika Moderator

What amazing animals! Thanks for sharing, Chris.

They are all beautiful, but the Chamaeleo (Trioceros) quadricornis gracilior are stunning! How are you keeping them? I am starting to think that I need to add to my collection, but I don't want to jump into anything that is overly challenging. I have admired the Chamaeleo (Trioceros) wiedersheimi wiedersheimi for quite some time, but it is my understanding that they are pretty difficult to keep?

Heika

16. Chris_Anderson

Thanks Heika! The wiedersheimi are a challenge but do well if they are left alone in a well planted enclosure with moderate temps and heavy misting every day. As for the gracilior, I keep them in large well planted enclosure's (the male's is 6'x3'x2' and the female's is about 4'x2'x2') with ambient temps in the mid 70's and heavy misting every day. I also leave them alone as much as possible. If you are interested in getting some, I can provide you with more information and photographs of their enclosures, etc.

Chris

17. Heika

Heika Moderator

I would really like that. I won't be adding anyone right away, but definately within the next couple of months. It always takes me a while to prepare everything before getting new chams, so starting now would be good!

18. Drewnyc

Drewnyc New Member

wow i can't believe how incredible your whole collection must be, incredible cham's, at this point i gotta look at the species list just to know what they are for some but what is the following word? for example the quadricornis gracilior? does that specify the color? quadricornis quadricornis?
    drew

19. Chris_Anderson

Genus (Subgenus) species subspecies. So for Chamaeleo (Trioceros) quadricornis gracilior, the genus is Chamaeleo, the subgenus is Trioceros, the species is quadricornis and the subspecies is gracilior. If both the subspecies and the species name are the same, it means there are classified subspecies but this is the nominate subspecies for which the original species description was made. In many cases, the names can be abriviated when it is understood what you are refering to in that Chamaeleo (Trioceros) quadricornis quadricornis is the same as Ch. (T.) q. quadricornis. If no subspecies or subgenus exists, they don't have to be included in the name. For example Furcifer pardalis is accurate because there is no subspecies of pardalis and no subgenera of Furcifer.

Chris

20. tinster

tinster New Member

Always impressive to see your collection, Chris. And you take great pics!

I like the tails on the Chamaeleo (Trioceros) quadricornis quadricornis. Straight out of Japanese monster movies. lol

21. tinster

tinster New Member

This is the last picture I took of Gojira - about a week before he passed. You can see that his front arms are puffy.

[​IMG][/img]

22. Renegade3745

Renegade3745 New Member

What a beautiful boy! I've always been very fond of Jackson's. ;) Those cute pointy little horns!

23. Heika

Heika Moderator

He was a beautiful chameleon, Tin.. doesn't even look sick in that picture.

Heika

24. tinster

tinster New Member

Thanks, guys -

He always had a brilliant shade of green. Alot of people don't like that Jacksons don't have a variety of color, but to me - there's something really simple and beautiful about the color of Jacksons - especially males.

He kept that great color up til the last. And he was always a little bit over-weight so it was hard to notice things like the puffiness around his neck and throat area (you can see some of it in the pic). I felt the area and it was definitely full of fluids. And his arms at a glance looked normal - but I could feel also feel fluid in the forearms.

But it was the hind legs that was the worse towards the end. They just hung off the side of the branch and the claws were curved into clenched "fists".

I'm glad he's not suffering anymore. He was a great chameleon - my first - so he is special.

25. Drewnyc

Drewnyc New Member

please weigh in

honestly he doesn't look sick, he looks pretty healthy. like you said a touch over weight but i think we are always so glad to see our cham's eat we overlook possible over eating.
    i'm in a tough spot and don't know what to do and maybe someone would like to weigh in with some advice?
    Lulu is still going pretty strong, her feet have gained much strength very little movement with her back legs but she is obstructed with an egg (or something) she doesn't want to eat because there is no where for the food to go, she has not pooped in at least a week. i can feel an egg in her and the vet said maybe 2, she is alert and not stressed
    i'm giving her laxatone (for cats hairballs, vet recommended) calcuim, etc.
    soaking her etc. vet said maybe an enima, but if the egg is obstructing it probable won't work leaving only surgery with no guarantee her legs will work. the vet said it is something i should consider? i didn't even ask how much money (i really don't care) but would she be happy as a cripple? what kind of life quality? but then again maybe she would be ok?
    drew