Pictures!

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by Heika, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Heika

Heika Moderator

RE: please weigh in

Hey Drew,

What a tough decision to make. I am sorry, I can't offer my opinion, because she isn't mine. My last major vet bill took about 6 months to pay off, and the recipient of the surgery died anyhow. I am not a good judge when it comes to whether or not to have a surgery done. You know her best. Is she able to climb, etc? Whatever you decide, I am sure it will be the best decision.

Heika

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. tinster

tinster New Member

RE: please weigh in

Hi, Drew -

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It is really hard to be sure what to do.

Are her rear legs completely useless right now? When you put your pinky finger in her palm - does she grip it slightly? Or not at all.

With Gojira - his rear grip was really weak - almost useles for about 2 days - but he was getting strength back in them towards the end. I think if he wasn't suffering so badly from other complications (which was why I put him to sleep) - I think he would have recovered complete use of his rear legs.

This is just my own opinion: since you have a specific target to focus on - the obstructing eggs - I would take the risk of surgery to remove it. There's a chance that she will get her rear legs back?

Like Heika said - it's hard for anyone but you to make the decision.

I hope the best for you and her.

Tin

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Drewnyc

Drewnyc New Member

tinster
    i think your right and we must do what we can right? she always had a slight grip with her back feet, now she has a tight grip with her back feet, her legs seem almost useless but at times i believe i have seen slight motion.
    for the most part she is laying on a hammock i made for her at the top of her cage. i need to move her basking lite around for her (don't want her too hot or too cold)
    thanks for your input
    drew

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. tinster

tinster New Member

I took a pic of Gamera today while she was drinking. I feel bad that I've been neglecting her with all the drama surrounding Gojira. She's getting big already :)

[​IMG]

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. brittone05

brittone05 Well-Known Member

Gorgeous chams everyone :) :)

Chris - can I ask, your Hoehnelii's - coudl you post up some pics of their enclosures please.

I have an adult male hoe and a juvi female due at the end of the month also - maybe breeding partners when they are older??

Here is a couple of pics of him - Stumpy, as he lost his tial when little :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Pat123

Pat123 New Member

what kind of chameleon is the one in the second picture the male...in the second post of pics u did tho

12. Pat123

Pat123 New Member

yo post a pic of ur tank the one wit the jacksons...sry to here about ur jacksons

13. Mememe

Mememe New Member

14. Heika

Heika Moderator

Great pictures of one of my favorite species! I love the one with the orange in the background.. :(

15. skcorrelyt

skcorrelyt Member

beautiful chameleons guys.. i'm researching them.. I think they are the third lizard I am going to get.. I already have a Leopard Gecko and I want to get a Crested... but other than that all i really want is a chameleon (not for some time though, I'm still working on keeping a leo hehe) but i love looking at them.

nice video too mememe and gorgeous chams..

Heika I loved looking at your collection too
    good job guys!