Pigmy Chameleons

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by GeckoKing_57, May 15, 2005.

1. GeckoKing_57

GeckoKing_57 New Member

Does anyone in here own Pigmies? I have 3 and I dont know what sex they are and if I should put them in the same enclosure? I have several different types of Chams and some I have in one set-up and some I dont, but I have never owned Pigmies before, and I cant find much intell on them, if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. nomad85

nomad85 Member

what kind of chameleon is it? Pygmy leaf? or just pygmy?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. nomad85

nomad85 Member

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. GeckoKing_57

GeckoKing_57 New Member

Rhampholeon brevicaudata..... I think thats just a Pigmy....Not sure really, I got them through RetileDepot.com . Yea, I knew that stuff, but finding out what sex they are and all that good stuff is where I am stuck....All the crap I found on them is all the same ol stuff. I took them to my local vet and he has no clue... It is sad to say but i know more about gex than he does sometimes I think...lol

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. nomad85

nomad85 Member

lol, its hard to find a good herp vet these days... Maybe they can be sexed simlarly to the other tiny chameleons. I dont know how to do then either but maybe one of those caresheets can help... wish I knew more about these guys...

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. GeckoKing_57

GeckoKing_57 New Member

Yea, me too... I know about the whole spur thing, but I dont know if that pertains to these or not.

12. nomad85

nomad85 Member

http://rexlee.com/SecretEnvironments/vivaria.html scroll almost halfway down and their is a section on bearded pygmies(photo 26). its either a bearded pygmy or a leaf pygmy. or some pymy i cant find look at pics of each and try to dicide which it is...

13. GeckoKing_57

GeckoKing_57 New Member

Sweet, that looks like the ones we have... Thanks for the link... I am printing as we type

14. nomad85

nomad85 Member

glad to help :) good luck with them :)

15. nomad85

nomad85 Member

16. meow_mix450

meow_mix450 New Member

I own pygmy chameleons, and its very hard to sex when you have never kept any yourself. Females and a stubber tail then the males. Males would have a slightly longer tail then the females, and females are larger then males. Pygmys can live together as long as you dont have to males

Meow

17. Chris_Anderson

Chris_Anderson New Member

Meow's sexing info is good but just wanted to comment GeckoKing, Rhampholeon don't have spurs. Only a couple species can be sexed this way.

Chris

18. GeckoKing_57

GeckoKing_57 New Member

Alright cool.... Appreiciate the info peeps... These chams are new to me so any and all info is much needed......TY