PLEASE HELP!! GOING ON VACATION

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by mrhappy, Aug 3, 2009.

1. mrhappy

mrhappy Embryo

Hi, I'm going to be out of town for one week. I'm wondering what I can do if I don't want a neighbor to take care of my tokays. (relatives/friends can't) Also, can you please help sex my tokays. Click on the images below to enlarge. Thanks!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

they look like healthy tokays. i think, you should get your neighbour to care for them, but if you cant, leave some crickets and mealworms for them. get many mealworms as they dont move mush and dont die faster than crickets, put them in a good plate, and let them eat.
    sorry cant sex them :(

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Geckoguy52

Geckoguy52 New Member

i don't know if any other pet stores do this, but a privately owned one around me will foster reptiles. You might want to check for that. the one by me charges $5 a day per animal, so it could get expensive.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

somne vets will babysit your pets for a while while you are gone. my vet does it, ive never tried it though
    also sometimes kids will do a petsitting service.
    can you put a humid hide in there and extra food and just leave him for the week? a healthy reptile can go quite a while without food

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

If you cant get help, and they are healthy tokays, a week shouldn't be too long i suppose. Could you find someone to at least mist the enclosure? Because humidity will be the main problem. They need humid conditions because that is how they're built to survive and also how they drink and take in the moisture they need.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. tokaygirl55

tokaygirl55 New Member

I could probably sex them, but the images aren't showing up.

Tim3skimo likes this.