Please Read If Asking For Help With A Leopard Gecko

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by 00luke00, May 20, 2007.

1. Reid

Reid Banned

I've never had any issues with my mealworms dying.
    I usually keep them in her bowl for
    around a week or so without them dying.
    The ones at work don't die that quickly either.
    I'd say you've got too much heat on them, or you got a bad batch.
    I generally replace the wood chips they come in with some of the
    high-calcium cricket feed, so the worms can eat while in there
    and gutload themselves.
    Always make sure there isn't any remnants of the dust on them
    when you throw them in the bowl though.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Yode

Yode New Member

So worms in the bowl on the cooler side without any gut-loading material. Dust once a week with vitamin and once with D3 calcium. We will give that a try. He ate beautifully tonight. Wandering around and hanging on top of the rocks. :)

Thanks.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Yode

Yode New Member

He is very sweet, will tolerate being handled by a 6 yr old fairly well. We got him a bit stirred up a couple times when he made a dash for the furniture. He has been hiding a lot more in his Rock habitat than the papertowel one with the cardboard hides.

Thank you for taking the time to read and help out. This is an awesome service you are providing for those of us who are new.[/quote]

Quick additional question. Is it normal for Leos to go poo only every other day? With the temp gun I have readings between 71-94 degrees on the rocks. He has been hiding deep under one rock during the day (unsure of temp here). I still have not gotten under the tank heater set up. Tank sits on table too small to set on edges for proper elevation.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. houdini_the_leopard_gecko

houdini_the_leopard_gecko Embryo

i have two leopard gecko's and one is eating just fine but the other one isn't eating at all for like a week or more
    1.sand
    2. a 20 gallon
    3. i think around 80 is what my thermometer says
    4. thermometer
    5. under tank heater,plus my room stays hot most of the time
    6. Do you have any method of regulating the temperatures? i don't know what this means
    7. 4,two buried paper towel rolls a cave and a moist hide
    8. crickets and meal worms
    9. every day or every other day
    10. repashy superfoods:leopard gecko calcium plus and every feeding
    11. i don't know the pet store said they were juveniles
    12. I've had them for like a month
    13.it is active alot of the times,it basks, and sleep it hangs out by the water alot

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. TashaLasha

TashaLasha Embryo

I just got him, and he eats out of my hand and doesn't freak out when I try to hold him. He'll sit on my shoulder, or curls up in the shadow of my leg and naps. He eats very well. I know I'm not really supposed to mess with him for like a week but he's just so.. laid back and seems like he isn't stressed. Only thing I'm worries about is, he hasn't pooped. I see no poop & I know for a fact he's eating. I use the green mat under moss, I'm not sure if that's okay or not but I spray his moist hide and the moss keeps the humidity just fine. He sleeps in his warm hide during the day. I don't have a heating pad under the cage so I use a basking lamp to keep the temp arid during the day, twelve hour cycle, and use the red light at night. Is that okay? He drinks water from his bowl just fine, too. But no poop yet. Is this normal?