(Poll) Popular Snakes

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by CornyGuy, Feb 22, 2006.

?

What is your favorite snake?

1. *

Ball Python

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. *

Boa

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. *

Other Python

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. *

Corn Snake

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  5. *

Other

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. CornyGuy

CornyGuy Well-Known Member

Popular pet snakes?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Depends on what you mean by favorite...do you mean favourite snake that we've kept, favourite snake in general in terms of looks/handlability/interaction etc?

Favourite in terms of personality..I'd shoot for BPs. Favourite in terms of looks, I'd go for an ETB. Favourite in terms of interaction/watchin....carpet python.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. MAtt!123

MAtt!123 Member

I choose corn snakes cause they are AWESOME!!! ( in fact, once i get enough money, hopefully in this lifetime, my parents said i can get one!! yess.... woo-hooo! :) ) ( all i need to do now is find an easy and fast way to get alot of money :wink: )

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. reako45

reako45 Member

I like most snakes of the genus Lampropeltis. Not quite as docile as Corns, and a bit moody, so they'll keep you on your toes. In my limited experience I've found them to be willful, curious, pretty intelligent and full of personality. I keep a Cal King, Sinaloan Milk, and a Speckled King. I like most North American colubrids in general, at least the ones I've come across so far.

reako45

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

My fav is the ball python, by far.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. CornyGuy

Yeah, I've researched about ball pythons and really considering getting one. But I have read that they can be kind of problem feeders, is that really true?

12. springshockey08

springshockey08 New Member

ive never had a problem with feeding my ball python i guess it all depends on the humidity, temps, etc.

13. asokolik

asokolik Embryo

Wild caught balls can sometimes be problem eaters, but if you get a captive bred one from a reputable source and you have the proper setup, you should be fine. If you are getting a hatchling just make sure that it's fed at least once for the store/breeder that you are buying it from.

14. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

It's really hard to say.....I bought a ball python, male, not a juvie, from a pet store, and it was agonizing trying to get hime to eat, and he's pretty inconsistent. I have a male, from a breeder, that I got when he was pretty small, and he has been consistent from day one. He's not quite a year old yet, so we'll see. I also have a female, again from a breeder, and she's a great eater as well. I think if you get one from a good breeder, and one that the breeder has on rats, I think it would be to your advantage.

15. CornyGuy

Individual personalities could also be a factor.

16. CornyGuy

Right now I would go with cornsnakes(hence my name).:D

17. thepogona

thepogona Member

I'm for Boas.

18. moist

moist Embryo

I really like the ball python I just got. Not as eye catching as my ATB but much less work and it's nice to have a snake I can take out and hold without as much fear of stressing the animal or getting my hand annihilated. I just really like its temperament all around.

19. CornyGuy

I want a ball python.